[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe was redesigned inside and out, but with marginally improved fuel economy. It was developed to be more functional and refined, while offering more safety features and a greater range of advanced technologies.
Improvements in the Tahoe include a touchscreen interface with Smartphone integration and improved safety features, including blind spot monitoring and the lane departure warning system.
It’s also more efficient – including nearly 10-percent greater highway efficiency – thanks to more aerodynamic styling and a new, direct-injected EcoTec3 5.3-liter engine.
The exterior design of the 2015 Tahoe is more refined and precisely sculpted. New inlaid doors fit into the body side openings instead of over the top of the body, significantly improving the quietness of the interior cabin and contributing to improved aerodynamics, which helps the truck slip through the air on the highway with less drag.
Lightweight aluminum hood and liftgate panels also help improve efficiency through reduced overall mass. Projector-beam headlights flank the signature dual-port chrome grille and sweep into the front fenders. High intensity discharge headlights and light-emitting diode daytime running lights are included on the LTZ, along with a chrome grille surround. The new hands-free liftgate feature allows a customer with a keyless entry fob – and full hands – to open and close the liftgate by waving his or her foot under a sensor beneath the rear fascia, standard on LTZ and available on LT.
Tahoe is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, with new functionality and technology features including:
• Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo convenience – including an available power-folding feature;
• Easier entry/exit;
• Available eight-inch color touch screen radio with next-generation MyLink connectivity;
• Wireless phone charging (available on LT and standard on LTZ);
• Hands-free liftgate operation (available on LT and standard LTZ);
• OnStar with 4G LTE and standard builtin WiFi hotspot (includes 3GB/three-month data trial – late availability);
• Up to six USB ports and six power outlets – including a 110-volt three-prong outlet – to support electronic devices of all kinds (up to 12 charging locations);
• Available rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens and Blu-ray DVD player;
• Keyless entry and push-button start;
• Up to 94.7 cubic feet of cargo room behind the front seats (rear seats folded);
• Maximum trailering capacity of 8,600 pounds (2WD).
The MSRP on the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe is $46,745.[author image=”http://www.communitynewspapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Grant-Miller-4-C.jpg” ]Grant Miller is the publisher of Community Newspapers. He may be contacted by calling 305-662-2277 or by addressing email to Grant@CommunityNewspapers.com.[/author]