From legislation sponsored by Miami- Dade County District 4 Commissioner Sally A. Heyman, the public is encouraged to utilize designated Miami-Dade Police District Station parking lots and county facilities to conduct Internet sales transactions. Internet sales transactions may be completed inside and outside the designated county facilities.
“Meeting at a police station or a county facility to conduct an Internet sales transaction is a safer alternative than meeting at a private location or public location without security at the site,” Commissioner Heyman said. “People in municipalities should contact their police departments to see if they are supporting it also.”
The following area Miami-Dade Police district stations and government facilities are Safe Haven locations for conducting your transactions:
• Hammocks District Station, 10000 SW 142 Ave.;
• Kendall District Station, 7707 SW 117 Ave.;
• South Dade Government Center, 10710 SW 211 St.,security until 6 p.m.
• South District Station, 10800 SW 211 St.;
• Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW First St., security onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and
• West Dade Permitting and Inspection Center, 11805 SW 26 St., security until 8 p.m.