Relevent Sports, a division of RSE Ventures, today announced DJ Martin Garrix will be the featured halftime entertainment for the Guinness International Champions Cup Final on August 4 at Sun Life Stadium. The halftime is hosted by Life In Color and presented by Cricket Wireless. It will feature DJ Martin Garrix, whose song “Animals” has been a mainstay on 2014 charts as one of the biggest EDM tracks.
Life In Color is now one of the biggest event brands in Electronic Dance Music (EDM), with the promotion the first to be asked to host a halftime show for a major televised sporting event in North America. The halftime entertainment with Martin Garrix also will display lasers, fireworks and spectacular LED video mapping. The Guinness ICC Finals will boast a pregame fan fest, complete with a player walk, Guinness Beer Garden, free face painting, a live band and DJ, interactive soccer activities, food trucks and giveaways. Parking gates will open at 4 p.m. for fans to enjoy the festivities prior to the 7:30 p.m. game. In addition, Martin Garrix will perform a 90-minute set following the finals at the official Guinness International Champions Cup afterparty presented by Cricket Wireless at LIV Nightclub at the Fontainebleau Hotel.
“There is a tremendous level of interest in this tournament — whether it’s the half a million people who will watch it live, or the millions more across the U.S. and around the world who will tune in to watch,” RSE Ventures CEO Matt Higgins said. “We wanted the halftime entertainment to be as big as the play on the field. The Fray is going to entertain a packed house in Michigan. Martin Garrix in Miami, along with using LED video mapping for the first time, really brings the show to a whole new level.” “This is an incredible opportunity for us to showcase the energy, creativity and music that makes Life In Color and the whole EDM community so dynamic and exciting,” said Sebastian Solano, CEO and Co-Founder of Life In Color. “We’re going to give people a show like they have never seen before, and give our fans some very exciting exclusive news. We’re incredibly grateful to Sun Life Stadium and the Guinness International Champions Cup for making us part of this historic event.”
The tournament gets underway on Thursday, July 24 between AC Milan and Olympiacos and continues with 12 group stage matches featuring matches in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Charlotte, Denver, Berkeley, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Dallas and Ann Arbor from July 24-August 2. The tournament will crown an overall champion on Monday, August 4 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium. “In 2013 when Real Madrid defeated Chelsea in front of 67,000 fans in the first year of the tournament, it was a great indication of the passion of the sport and success of the tournament,” Sun Life Stadium Senior Vice President of Operations Todd Boyan said. “This year there is a strong roster of eight teams, including English Premier League champions Manchester City, the ICC reigning champions and UEFA Champions League champions Real Madrid, Liverpool and Manchester United, competing to be the final two. We’re excited to host the Guinness International Champions Cup once again.”
Ticket sales are very strong for this exclusive match up. Limited tickets are still available at www.internationalchampionscup.com.
The Guinness International Champions Cup will be broadcast internationally in more than 150 countries and domestically on Fox and ESPN Deportes. The tournament is expected to reach six million households, with over 500,000 fans to see the action live. Fox Sports 1 will air the Finals in Miami on August 4 at 7:30 p.m.
The eight participating squads include international club teams from Spain, England, Italy and Greece.
● Saturday, July 26: Manchester United v. AS Roma 2PM MST – Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado
● Saturday, July 26: Real Madrid CF v. Inter Milan 3PM MST – Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, California
● Tuesday, July 29: Manchester United v. Inter Milan 7:00PM EST – FedEx Field, Washington D.C.
● Tuesday, July 29: Real Madrid CF v. AS Roma 8:15PM CST – Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas
● Saturday, August 2: Inter Milan v. AS Roma 1:00PM EST – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
● Saturday, August 2: Real Madrid CF v. Manchester United – 4:00PM EST – University of Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan
● Thursday, July 24: Olympiacos v. AC Milan 8PM EST – BMO Field, Toronto, Canada
● Sunday, July 27: AC Milan v. Manchester City 4PM EST – Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
● Sunday, July 27: Liverpool FC v. Olympiacos 5PM CST – Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
● Wednesday, July 30: Manchester City v. Liverpool FC 7PM EST – Yankee Stadium, New York, New York
● Saturday, August 2: Olympiacos v. Manchester City 2PM CST – TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
● Saturday, August 2: AC Milan v. Liverpool FC 6:30PM EST – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
• Monday, August 4: Pool A Winner v. Pool B Winner 8PM EST – Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida
About Relevent Sports
Relevent Sports brings the excitement and intensity of international soccer to the United States by showcasing the best clubs in the world through premier tournaments and events. Going beyond the game, Relevent provides an innovative approach to building international soccer presence by utilizing brand development, grassroots planning, corporate sponsors, international touring and philanthropic initiatives for the soccer organizations. Relevent is a division of RSE Ventures founded in 2012 by Stephen M. Ross and Matt Higgins, RSE Ventures operates in four interrelated verticals: sports, entertainment, digital and new ventures. The company’s growing roster of companies, venues and events include the NFL’s Miami Dolphins, Sun Life Stadium, Insignia Sports & Entertainment and Relevent Sports.