The final countdown has begun as the new Whole Foods Market in North Miami prepares to opens its doors tomorrow at 9 a.m. Hundreds are expected as the opening day festivities kick-off at 8 a.m. and many are expected to line up before the day begins.
Below is a list of opening day events as well as other key festivities taking place throughout the week that you may be interested in covering:
Wednesday, May 1
· 8 a.m. – Free continental breakfast on the patio with entertainment provided by the Bad Apples Brass Band
· 9 a.m. – Remarks from WFM Regional President Juan Nunez and North Miami Mayor Andre Pierre; Bread Breaking Ceremony; and official opening of Whole Foods Market North Miami follows
- First 500 shoppers will receive a reusable bag with goodies following their shopping experience
- Grand Opening sales and specials throughout the store (Wed – Sun.)
- Live music
- Enter to win $500 Healthy Eating Pantry Makeover when you sign up for store’s newsletter (drawing on May 5)
- 5 percent of opening day’s net sales will be donated to Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (MOCA)
Friday, May 3
· 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – International Street Food & Brew Fest
- Live music, appetizers, beer and fun
- Sample small plates from around the globe, paired with more than 50 international, craft, domestic and local beers
- Tickets are $10 and proceeds benefit the Whole Planet Foundation
Saturday, May 4
· 11 a.m. – Locally Grown Goodness featuring delicious dishes created from ingredients locally grown in the Florida Redlands from Teena’s Pride, for which WFM North Miami well serve as a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) drop-off point.
· Noon – 4 p.m.
- Kids activities on the patio
- Face painting & Social Media Photobooth
· 1 p.m. – Parmigiano-Reggiano Wheel Cracking (featuring benchmark Italian cheese aged a minimum of 24 months)
Sunday, May 5
· Noon to 4 p.m. – Cinco de Mayo Solar Giving Grill
- We’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo by rolling out Miami Country Day School’s solar grill. Students, parents, and supporters of Miami Country Day will be present as we grill some delicious food on the eco-friendly solar grill. Price is $5 per person and all proceeds will be donated to a micro-bakery in Haiti.
Whole Foods Market North Miami is located at 12150 Biscayne Boulevard, and the store phone number is (305) 892-5500. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.