Suburban is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models and comes with a new 5.3L V-8 with direct injection which helps deliver almost 10 percent greater highway fuel efficiency.
Suburban’s exterior design is more refined and precisely sculpted with new inlaid doors that fit into the body side openings instead of over the top, significantly improving the quiet of the cabin and contributing to improved aerodynamics. Lightweight aluminum hood and lift gate panels also enhance efficiency through reduced overall mass. And the windshield angle has a more forward rake and is flattened at the corners for better wiper performance.
Projector-beam headlights flank the Chevrolet-signature dual-port chrome grille and sweep into the front fenders. High intensity discharge headlights and lightemitting diode daytime running lights are included on LTZ models, along with an exclusive chrome grille surround.
On the inside
On the inside, a new instrument panel houses an available eight-inch color touch screen radio with a secured storage bin behind the motorized screen and the compartmentalized center console is large enough to store a laptop or iPad. Laminated windshield and front door glass contribute to a quieter ride.
To accommodate radar-based safety technology, the lower front fascias no longer include exposed tow hooks, for a more refined appearance. The B-pillar is moved forward slightly and the C-pillar is a little straighter, making it easier to get in and out, especially when climbing into the third row.
Other new functionality and technology features include:
• Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that allow for more cargo space, including an available power-folding feature for easier entry/exit for rear passengers;
•Available eight-inch color touch screen radio with next-generation MyLink connectivity;
• OnStar with 4G LTE and standard builtin WiFi hotspot;
• Up to six USB ports and six power outlets, including a 110-volt three-prong outlet, to support electronic devices of all types;
• Available rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens (Suburban only) and Blu-ray DVD player;
• Conversation mirror in the overhead console that provides a panoramic view of the rear seats;
• Keyless entry and push-button start, and
• Up to 121.1 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded.
The MSRP on the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban is $53,695.[author image=”http://www.samaonline.org/Ron.jpg” ]Ron Beasley is the automotive editor for Miami’s Community Newspapers. He may be contacted by calling 305-662-2277, ext. 261, or by addressing email correspondence to LetsTalkCars@aol.com.[/author]