Publix Super Markets Inc. is collaborating with Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, part of Miami Children’s Health System, to enhance and expand outpatient retail pharmacy services on the hospital’s main campus.
The newly enhanced pharmacy, which became effective on Apr. 18, offers specialized convenience to patients and their families, visitors, guests and health system employees on an outpatient basis.
“We are delighted to have forged a relationship with Publix, a leader in exceptional customer service, to enhance outpatient pharmacy services at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital,” said Armando Llechu, vice president of Clinical Operations for Miami Children’s Health System.
“It is a testament to our ongoing mission to provide the best services to the patients and families in our care,” he added.
“Publix Pharmacies have been dedicated to the health and wellness needs of our customers and their families,” said Fred Ottolino, vice president, Pharmacy Operations, Publix Super Markets. “The opportunity to bring our level of customer care to patients of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital not only allows us to meet their immediate needs, but also to build long-term relationships with our customers as they return home.”
The Publix Pharmacy at Nicklaus Children’s will bring many enhancements to the patients and guests including:
• Expanded weekday hours and new weekend hours;
• Access to specialty medications for patients and employees;
• Expanded bedside delivery to the hospital’s inpatient units, the Pediatric Care Center and the Emergency Department;
• Access to refills at any Publix pharmacy location;
• Ease of refilling prescriptions at multiple convenient locations, and
• Access to certain medications available free through Publix (These include select antibiotics, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, and immediate-release Metformin as permitted by applicable law. Certain restrictions apply; see pharmacy for details.)
For more information about Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, visit www.nicklauschildrens.org.