Bike Walk Coral Gables, a non-profit organization, will host the fifth annual Gables Bike Day on Sunday, Feb. 28, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Merrick Park across from the historic Coral Gables City Hall, 405 Biltmore Way.
Biltmore Way and Andalusia Avenue, from LeJeune Road to Segovia Street, will be closed to vehicular traffic for this free event promoting health, bike safety and physical activity. Guided bike tours will be departing to points of interest nearby in Coral Gables neighborhoods.
There will be food, music, kids’ activities, a scavenger hunt and much more to get active with your family and friends on a Sunday afternoon.
Below are some of the things you can do during Gables Bike Day:
• Take one of three Guided Bike Tours around Coral Gables starting at noon. (Children must wear helmets, and be able to operate a two-wheel bicycle for five miles. Tours are free but donations to Bike Walk Coral Gables will be accepted.)
• Enjoy live music from Shake 108 and musical deejays.
• Participate in the Tri-Obstacle Course (Children ages 3-6 only).
• Tour Coral Gables by foot or on bike and test your skills in the Scavenger Hunt.
• Load up on energy boosting produce and snacks from our Food Vendors.
• Learn about bike safety for kids at the UM BikeSafe rodeo.
• Children can enjoy our two complimentary bounce houses.
Bike Walk Coral Gables (BWCG), a non-profit 501(c)(3), supports a Coral Gables community that values cycling and walking as safe and healthy forms of transportation and recreation. The mission is to promote a safe and friendly environment for cyclists and pedestrians by advocating programs and events to educate the community. BWCG promotes the accessibility of streets and trails for cyclists and pedestrians so they may enjoy our City’s beauty and lush canopy. In partnership with the Coral Gables Museum, BWCG provides monthly family-friendly bicycle tours in Coral Gables led by experienced bicycle leaders on safe routes.
For more information visit www.bikewalkcoralgables.com.