Coral Gables Fire Department responds to residential fire

Coral Gables Fire Department responds to residential fire

Just after midnight the Coral Gables Fire Department responded to a fire in a homeowner’s garage.
(Photo credit: Coral Gables Fire Department)

The Coral Gables Fire Department responded to a residential fire on the 500 block of Campana Avenue on July 18.

Multiple fire department units responded to the incident at approximately midnight. The first engine arrived within five minutes of being dispatched. Fire fighters encountered extensive fire conditions in the garage of the home. Fire crews were able to assess the situation, gain entry to the garage, contain and extinguish the fire within 19 minutes of arrival saving the multimillion-dollar home. A working smoke detector and home alarm system alerted the residents to quickly exit the residence.

As many as 26 paramedic/fire fighters responded to the call including a Battalion Chief and the Fire Marshal. The fire, which originated in the garage, appears to be electrical in nature according to Fire Marshal Robert Lowman.

Once again the incident highlights the lifesaving capability of smoke detectors and a home alarm system.

“Our crews did an excellent job putting out the fire very quickly and limiting the damage solely to the garage area,” said Fire Chief Marc Stolzenberg. “We are happy to the see the family got out of the home and did not suffer any injuries.”

The Coral Gables Fire Department encourages everyone to make sure there are properly working smoke detectors in your residence.


Connect To Your Customers & Grow Your Business

Click Here

Print Friendly

Be the first to comment on "Coral Gables Fire Department responds to residential fire"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*