Baptist Health South Florida urges the importance of getting screened for the early detection of breast cancer.
The organization is reducing the cost of digital mammograms by up to 75 percent through Oct. 31 for uninsured patients only in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Screening mammograms are $50 and diagnostic mammograms are $100.
A doctor’s prescription is required and all digital mammograms are reviewed and interpreted by board-certified radiologists. Baptist Health South Florida performed more than 66,000 mammograms in 2012.
Area Baptist Health outpatient diagnostic centers include:
• Baptist Diagnostic Center, West Kendall Baptist Hospital Medical Arts Building, 15955 SW 96 St., Suite 101;
• Baptist Outpatient Center, 8950 N. Kendall Dr., Second Floor;
• Baptist Mammography Center at Macy’s, The Falls, 9100 SW 136 St., Second Floor;
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Brickell, 2660 Brickell Ave.;
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Coral Gables, 10 Giralda Ave.;
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Tamiami Trail, 14660 SW Eighth St.;
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Westchester, 8840 Bird Rd.;
• Homestead Hospital, 975 Baptist Way (Campbell Drive and SW 147th Avenue), and
• South Miami Hospital, 6200 SW 73 St. (Sunset Drive and SW 62nd Avenue).