Five leaders will be recognized for their dedication to the South Florida community during ‘Noche de Honor’, the kick-off reception to the Seventh Annual Hispanic Heritage Celebration at Miami International Mall, on Friday, Sept. 30, at 6 p.m. The 2011 honorees are Flor Garcia, Dr. Eneida Roldan, Monica Rosales, Frank Siberio and Yolanda Woodbridge.
“There is no better way to kick-off the festivities than by honoring Hispanic role models who work tirelessly to make the community better for all,” said Maria Prado, mall manager.
“It’s not every day that they are applauded for their efforts, and so Miami International Mall is proud to recognize these five individuals with the Noche de Honor award, showing our appreciation for all that they do.” Those named:
• Flor Garcia, City of Doral’s president of the PARK Project foundation, performs acts of random kindness and spread the message worldwide through events and educational programs. Apart from her year-round calendar of community service events and projects, she also volunteers at her church, working with young adults spiritually and recreationally through dance and community service.
• Dr Eneida Roldan, immediate past president and chief executive officer of the P u b l i c Health Trust and Jackson H e a l t h System, has served and c u r r e n t l y serves on m u l t i p l e m e d i c a l boards as an e x e c u t i v e board member including: Action for Healthy Kids; Board of Trustees, American Society of Bariatric Medicine; Chair, American Board of Bariatric Medicine; Advisory Board, Our Nation’s Health of the American Public Health Association; Co-Chair, City of Miami Mayor Youth Fitness and Nutrition committee; and Dade County Public School Food, Nutrition, and Physical Education Advisory Board.
• Monica Rosales, executive director and co-founder of the DocMiami I n t e r n a t i o n a l Film Festival, is a team captain for the American Cancer Society’s Doral Relay for Life and is dedicated to assisting Brick by Brick for Tanzania, Inc., building schools for the children of that region whom are facing not only poverty but drought and the AIDS crisis.
• Frank S i b e r i o , president of R e a l b l o c , LLC. volunteer for the American C a n c e r S o c i e t y ’s Doral Relay For Life who serves on the Board of A d v i s o r s for the P A R K P r o j e c t foundation and the Board for DocMiami International Film Festival.
• Yolanda Woodbridge, owner of YW A s s o c i a t e s and volunteer at the VA H o s p i t a l where she gardens with the veterans and monthly plays bingo with them. In addition, she has worked with Habitat for Humanity, Y M C A , Camillus House, The Children’s Ward at Jackson Memorial, Partnership for the Homeless and the Salvation Army.
The honorees will be recognized Sept. 30 at the “Noche de Honor” VIP cocktail reception, kick-off for a weekend Hispanic Heritage Celebration. The event includes an awards presentation and a high energy, Latininspired fashion show.
Tickets are $35 with a portion of the proceeds to benefit the League Against Cancer (La Liga Contra el Cáncer), a not-for-profit organization that provides free medical care for all cancer patients in need, and the Simon Youth Foundation, a not-for-profit organization that helps at risk children in communities with a Simon Mall to earn a high school diploma and scholarships for college.
The celebration continues Oct. 1-2 with activities, country exhibits, arts and flag displays, authentic folkloric music , dance performances and the fashion show featuring latest fall looks from Mall retailers on Saturday. On Sunday, a ‘Parade of Native Dresses,’ showcases traditional outfits from South America, Central America and the Caribbean.
The celebration is sponsored in part by Avianca and TACA Airlines, Telemundo, Pandora, Coca-Cola, Churromania and GenTV. For information, including sponsorship or ticket purchases tickets contact Llessir “Jessie” Mendoza at 305- 593-1775