[dropcap]T[/dropcap]oday 88 contestants from around the world revealed the new Miss Universe crown by pageant sponsor D.I.C. The creation of this new crown marks the beginning of a decade long relationship. D.I.C. will also make crowns for the next ten Miss USA and Miss Teen USA titleholders.
The new crown was designed to blend the Czech roots of D.I.C. with the beautiful skyline of New York City, home of the Miss Universe Organization and its titleholders. Craftsmen spent over 3,000 hours to create this beautiful and timeless crown with a very unique infrastructure, inspired by design elements of various royal crowns throughout history. The crown symbolizes and expresses the beauty, stability, confidence and power of women around the world.
ABOUT THE CROWN…
- Total weight – 411 grams
- An estimated value of $300,000
- 33 natural, translucent and colorless Bohemian crystals, cut, polished and metalized on the rear side to enhance light reflection
- 5 large light blue topaz stones, symbolizing strength and loyalty, each weighing 18.6 karats
- 198 dark blue sapphire stones, symbolizing faith and wisdom weighing a total of 29.7 karats
- Encrusted with 311 small polished diamonds, weighing a total of 10.37 karats
- Base consists of 18-karat white gold strip that is 2 cm tall, 0.5 mm thick weighing 220 grams
- Case made from the highest quality Italian leather
ABOUT MISS UNIVERSE
The Miss Universe Organization (MUO) is a Donald J. Trump and NBCUniversal joint venture which uses its global grassroots reach to empower women to be self-confident and strive to be their personal best. MUO believes that every woman should be “Confidently Beautiful.” The MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA®, and MISS TEEN USA® beauty pageants provide an international platform through dedicated partnerships with charities, sponsors, and brands around the world. During their reign, our winners are given the tools to personally and professionally enrich others by providing humanitarian efforts to affect positive change, all while developing their personal career goals. For more information, and to learn more about Miss Universe’s official cause to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS education and prevention around the world, please visit: www.missuniverse.com.
Diamonds International Corporation (D.I.C) is high-class diamond company that specializes in investment diamond and diamond jewerly in Europe, Asia, Russia and the Midlle East.
D.I.C. prius itself on ceaftsmanship, from diamond jewerly and diamond watches, to its pens, luxury perfumes, and accessories. D.I.C. has showrooms in prague, Moscow, Dubai and other cites. It is launching in January 2015 for sale franchiese worldwide.