- This event has passed.
Fund 4 Design & Art Education Art Show & Silent Auction
May 4, 2014 @ 1:00 am - 4:00 pm| Free
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 16, 2014
CONTACT: Marilyn Traeger | 786.338.8388 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fund 4 Design & Art Education Art Show & Silent Auction
Miami, Florida The Fund 4 Design & Art Education will hold its first Art Show and Silent Auction on Sunday, May 4th from 1:00 to 4:00. The event, which will be held at The Alper JCC is located at 11155 SW 112 Avenue Miami, Florida. Proceeds from the event will help make artistic dreams come true through the Fund’s AMAZING Sketchbook Project and The Isaiah Scholarship Fund.
During the event, which is free and open to the public, attendees will have the opportunity to:
• Meet Guest Artists starring cartoonist Carlos Castellanos co-creator of BALDO – the first nationally syndicated Hispanic cartoon strip.
• Listen to award winning entertainment provided by the Arthur and Polly Mays Conservatory of the Arts Jazz Band.
• Be amazed by the fashion designs of Letitia Adam, Isaiah Cargill, student prodigy – Christopher Abella, and other designers as live models circulate the event.
• Bid on fabulous artworks donated by students and professional artists.
• Bid on items and services generously donated by businesses and individuals including a Mexican cruise and reservations at a NYC hotel, music lessons, jewelry, memberships, and gift certificates.
• Enjoy complimentary refreshments.
In addition, the Fund 4 Design & Art Education, which was established less than a year ago, and has already awarded six scholarships and countless AMAZING Sketchbook Awards to deserving young artists, will award five $1,000 Isaiah Fund Scholarships and more than five AMAZING Sketchbook Awards at the event.
The Fund 4 Design & Art Education operates with kind assistance from the Dade Art Educators – a 501(C)(3). The Fund was established in August of 2013 when lifelong art teachers Marlene Kohn and Marilyn Traeger donated to the DAEA to help make artistic dreams come true. The Fund, which started as a little idea, has grown thanks to the support of Miami-Dade County Public Schools, The Dade Art Educators Association, The Alper JCC, the F4DAE Student Volunteer Board, the F4DAE Volunteer Board and our generous donors.
Learn more about the Fund 4 Design & Art Education at www.fund4arted.org