- This event has passed.
Miami Science Museum to Feature Amazing Slithery, Scaly Species During Nov. 2 Reptile Day
November 2, 2013 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Reptile lovers and those who want to learn more about the intriguing creatures are invited to attend Miami Science Museum’s Reptile Day on Saturday, Nov. 2. Reptile Day will include entertaining and interactive activities about many different reptile species including:
- Eyes and Ears (invasive reptile detection and reporting training) presentation by Everglades Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (ECISMA)
- Live invasive reptile display by ECISMA
- Reptile artifacts from MSM Collection Vault
- Live python animal presentation by MSM herpetologist
- Turtle race
- Eat Like a Reptile by Chef Kat Duran
- Pet reptile contests: Attendees can enter their pet reptiles in several contests for prizes. Each pet entry will receive two free admission tickets (limit one pet entry per family).
- Arts & crafts activities: Activities will include a sea turtle craft, spiral snake craft, and chameleon camouflage challenge (learn how camouflage is used as a survival technique as you color the chameleon to make it disappear into the background.)
COST: Included with Museum admission. Students (with valid ID), seniors (62+) and children 3 – 12, $10.95; adults are $14.95. Admission is free for Miami Science Museum members and children under 3. Parking is free.