- This event has passed.
NSU to Launch Free Public Lecture Series on Coral Reefs -“Dive In”
January 30, 2013 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
Nova Southeastern University’s Oceanographic Center will launch a free public lecture series about the science of the species. Known as “Dive-In” the series will feature the following world-renowned researchers presenting on the specifics topics.
- Jan. 30: Robert van Woesik, Ph.D.-Persistence of Reef Corals in a Rapidly Changing Environment
- Feb.19: Daniel Pauly, Ph.D. –Role of Fisheries and Climate Change on Marine Ecosystems
- Feb. 26: Joerg Wiedenmann, Ph.D.– The Solution for Pollution is Dilution: True for Coral Reefs?
- March 20: Katharine Tzadik, M.S.- Acting Above to Protect What’s Below
- April 11: Kim Ritchie, Ph.D.Mutualistic- Interactions in Corals: Small, Smaller, Smallest!
- May 15: Mary Hagedorn, Ph.D. Climate Change and Freezing the World’s Reefs.
RSVP is not necessary, but seating is limited. For more information, please visit www.nova.edu/ocean/divein, email Divefirstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 262-3678. Lectures will begin at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium at the Center of Excellence. Light refreshments will follow.