- This event has passed.
United HomeCare offers “Stress-Busting for Family Caregivers Program”
August 25, 2013 @ 12:00 am| Free
United HomeCare® (UHC), a home health and community care organization in South Florida, is offering family caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias the evidence-based Stress-Busting for Family Caregivers Program. Developed by researchers at the University of Texas Health Science Center, this is the first time the program is being offered in Miami.
Program costs are covered by United HomeCare through grant funds awarded by the Older Americans Act and administered by the U.S. Administration on Aging and Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade County. Over a nine-week period, certified facilitators for the Stress-Busting for Family Caregiver Program will discuss:
- Stress and Relaxation
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviors
- Grief, Loss, and Depression
- Coping with Stress
- Positive Thinking
- Taking Time for Yourself
- Choosing a Path of Wellness
Additionally, registered program participants will receive:
- A Path to Wellness Caregiver Guide
- Meditation Audio CD
- Relaxation Strategies DVD
- Fifteen (15) hours of Respite Care to enable family caregivers to attend program sessions while a home health aide from United HomeCare® cares for their loved one at their home
Program will meet every Wednesday.