As a former NCAA football coach for Northern Illinois University, Sid McNairy incorporated yoga as an integral part of his team’s training, leading to their first winning season in 23 years.
In this workshop Sid will guide elite athletes like yourself to protect and strengthen your body through yoga to reach your competitive edge. Any athlete can benefit from Sid’s Elite Athlete Yoga Training program; he has worked with professional, college, high school, and other competitive athletes like:
- Triathletes and Ironmen
- Football, Basketball, Baseball, Field Hockey, Tennis, Lacrosse and Other Sport Players
Yoga instructors or personal trainers will also benefit from this training by sharing what they experience and learn in the workshop with the athletes they train or teach private yoga to.
In this weekend workshop, you will:
- Develop a regimen to support mental toughness, strength and agility
- Create structural stability through special attention to alignment principles. This increases your ability to gain ground, increase efficiency of movement, and build stability in the body (especially in the knees)
- Create the appropriate amount of heat in the body to enable the body to recover
- Develop your mental game
- Set goals and an effective pre-game routine
- Heal and restore the elite athlete in you
6:30 – 8:30pm
9:00am – 12:00pm
2:00 – 5:30pm
9:00 – 11:00am
$115 if booked by January 25th
**10.5 credit hours towards BV Yoga 500-Hour Teacher Training Certification**
As a former football coach at Northern Illinois University with a major in Movement and Sports Science from Purdue University (BA in 1993), and a Masters Degree in Sports Administration from Easter Illinois University (MS in 1995), Sid’s path to healing and inspiring others was destined.
One of his players, Justin McCareins, former player of the New York Jets and Tennessee Titans, had injured both of his hamstrings. Under Sid’s guidance, Justin began doing yoga to heal. Inspired by the impact yoga had on his player, Sid began to incorporate yoga as an integral part of his team’s training which led to the team’s first winning season in 23 years.
As Sid developed his own yoga practice, he realized many health benefits such as the disappearance of his asthma which had plagued him for 30 years, as well as a full range of motion in his right ankle that was fused in 1995.
Connect To Your Customers & Grow Your Business