Elections provide citizens the opportunity to voice their opinion and uniquely influence the future of their community. During this election season it is crucial that our advocates highlight the unique ability education has to change lives, inspire innovation, and lead economic growth.
Although FIU does not have a question on the ballot this November, the FIU Advocacy Education Initiative will showcase the importance of higher education to the future of our community, the impact of our students, alumni, faculty and staff, and the ways in which our community can support FIU’s local, state, and federal priorities.
Whether you are one of over 200,000 alumni, 56,000 students, or a faculty or staff member, you know the transformational impact FIU has in our community. Help us tell that story!
Help promote our initiative:
- Share our message with civic and community leaders
- Request your yard sign and display it through November 8, 2016, click here to request your complimentary sign
- Volunteer opportunities for community outreach events will be shared in the days to come
- Learn more about FIU’s priorities at government.fiu.edu
- Share FIU’s advocacy initiative via social media using #advocateFIU and by tagging @fiugov onFacebook and Twitter