Baptist Breast Center and American Girl Miami are joining to bring breast health awareness and breast cancer facts to young girls in a comforting atmosphere. The event takes place on Tuesday, Oct. 14, 6- 8 p.m., at the American Girl store at The Falls shopping center, 8888 SW 136 St.
Girls are invited to bring their American Girl dolls to the store for pink hair highlights and styling.
Girls will be involved with educational activities that include:
• Create greeting cards for breast cancer patients;
• Hear a talk by a breast cancer expert and ask questions;
• Play educational “Get Your Pink On” bingo to learn breast cancer facts;
• Visit the photo booth, and
• Enjoy pink-themed refreshments.
It’s never too early to teach daughters about breast health. This community outreach program aims to help parents do so in a fun, interactive way. Making healthy breasts a comfortable topic of conversation without raising fear can raise a girl’s awareness to learn more and be proactive about their bodies.
Reservations can be made by email to BelkisG@BaptistHealth.net or by calling 786-662-8126. Space is limited and reservations are required by Oct. 1 to attend.