Dadeland Mall invites children of all ages to roll up their sleeves and explore the fun side of food with hands-on learning activities during the Simon Kidgits Club’s Super Duper Mini Chefs event on Friday, May 20, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Kids will enjoy a nutritional magic show by Amy the Magic Chef where they will learn table manners and good eating habits. Youngsters also will color their own chef hats and receive an apron to help them make sweet treats.
The Simon Kidgits Club will transform Dadeland Mall into a magical kitchen as kids cook up a menu including:
• Dip fresh strawberries in delicious chocolate with Godiva Chocolatier;
• Make chocolate chip cookie sandwiches with Nestle Toll House Café;
• Create healthy veggie rolls with Sushi Maki;
• Learn how to roll dough and make a pizza pie with Cozzoli’s Pizza;
• Decorate mini cupcakes with Candy in a Cupcake;
• Make desert crepes with Banna Strows;
• Create yogurt parfaits and sample chicken nuggets with Chick-Fil-A, including a special visit by the Eat More Chikin Cow;
• Make mini ice cream sundaes with Haagen Daz;
• Learn how to twist pretzels with Auntie Anne’s and sample on-the-go, famous pretzel stix, and
• Keep hands clean at the Bath & Body Works antibacterial soap station.
Kids also are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to be donated to Feeding South Florida. Florida Blue is a sponsor of all Dadeland Mall Kidgits events.
For a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree, text MALL36 to 74666 or register your email address at Guest Services.
The Simon Kidgits Club’s Super Duper Mini Chefs event is free to members. Families can sign up for the Kidgits Club, during regular mall hours, for an annual membership fee of $5. Membership includes a Kidgits Club membership card and T-shirt, scheduled entertainment and activities for families, a Birthday Club (including birthday card and gift redemption certificate), unique programs and offers, discounts and a quarterly newsletter.
For more information, visit online at www.simon.com/kidgits.