The Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) officially announced the 33 finalists for its 4th Annual City National Bank Better Beach Awards. A winner in each of the 10 categories will be awarded at the event, which honors influential, trendsetting leaders and their buildings and projects in the local real estate industry. A panel of judges evaluated over 100 award submissions over a month long process and ultimately declared the finalist and winners.
The City National Bank Better Beach Awards ceremony will take place on April 1st from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach and is expected to have over 300 professionals in attendance. Will Manso, WPLG Local 10 sports director and lead sports anchor, as well as reporter and Miami Heat studio host for road broadcasts on Sun Sports in Miami, Florida will serve as the Master of Ceremonies. The event sponsorships include Douglas Elliman as the Presenting Sponsor and PARAMOUNT Miami Worldcenter as a Gallery Sponsor.
“I’d like to congratulate our City National Bank Better Beach Awards’ finalists,” said event committee chair and Platinum Properties International Broker Melissa Rubin. “These finalists represent the true essence of Miami Beach and everything it has to offer.”
“The Real Estate industry is essential to the Miami Beach economy and it’s exciting to honor individuals and firms dedicated to innovation and growth within our community,” said Jorge Gonzalez, President and CEO of City National Bank. “City National Bank congratulates all the nominees and wishes them continued success in making Miami Beach one of the best destinations for business around.”
The finalists for the 4th Annual City National Bank Better Beach Awards are:
- Historic Preservation of a Commercial Property Award
- Finalist: Faena Hotel, Thompson Miami Beach and the Miami Beach Women’s Club
- Historic Preservation with Adaptive Re-Use Award
- Finalists: Aloft Hotel and Radio Bar
- Innovative Architecture – Commercial Property Award
- Finalists: DIRT and South Pointe Pier
- Innovative Architecture – Residential Property Award
- Finalists: K Residence, Glass and Ritz Carlton Residences
- Innovative Designer – Property Greater than 10,000 Sq. Feet Award
- Finalists: 3900 Alton Road, Aloft Hotel and Anatomy at 1220
- Innovative Designer – Property Less than 10,000 Sq. Feet Award
- Finalists: 1510 Bay Drive and DIRT
Better Beach Citizen Award
- Finalists: Matis Cohen (Kahunah Properties), David Martin (Terra Group) and Linda Grosz (EWM)
- Most Innovative Method of Marketing Award – Real Estate Agent
- Finalists: Chad Carroll (Douglas Elliman), Madeleine Romanello (One Sotheby’s International Realty) and Melissa Rubin (Platinum Properties International)
- Most Innovative Method of Marketing Award – Real Estate Team
- Finalists: The Haller Group (Dezer Platinum Realty), The Kurz Team (Douglas Elliman) and The Bill and Bryan Team (Douglas Elliman)
- Rising Stars
- Joyce Parra (Cervera), Alyssa Morgan (Coldwell), David Carson (Compass), Cynthia King (Douglas Elliman), Justin Rubin (Douglas Elliman), Sari Libbin (Douglas Elliman), Carlos LaRocca (ISG) and Stephan Fortier (ISG)
Special Recognitions to Include:
- Innovative Leader Award – Jay Parker, CEO of Douglas Elliman’s Florida Brokerage, will receive a special award for his thought-provoking leadership within the real estate industry.
- Forward Thinking Award – Wayne Pathman, Chair Elect for the Chamber and Chairman of the City of Miami Sea Level Rise Committee, will receive the individual award for his dedication and vision in addressing sea level rise issues in Florida. Pathman will also present FIU’s Journalism Department with an award for its commitment to public awareness of the issue. The award will be presented to Julia Pinto, Associate Professor & Interim Executive Director of FIU’s Journalism Department, on behalf of the organization.
- Global Game Changer Award – This surprise award will be presented to an influential member of the Miami Beach Real Estate Profession.
For general information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.miamibeachchamber.com or call (305) 674-1300.