Simple things go a long way in the financial world. Sometimes that means protecting your funds (and yourself) while other times it means getting the most of the financial services available to you. In both cases we have provided you some reminders below that we hope will bring you even more wealth and success.
Protect Yourself from Fraud The security of your financial information is very important and can easily lead to fraud or identity theft. To keep your information safe and secure, take the following precautionary measures to protect yourself from potentially fraudulent ATM and Debit Card activity. Report to your bank immediately any unusual or unauthorized transactions. The sooner you do, the faster your accounts can be protected and you can find the source of the problem.
1.Carefully monitor your accounts:
• Review your statements regularly
• Utilize Online Banking or Mobile Banking to review your transaction history
2. Protect your card information and PIN, watch for:
• Individuals watching you processing transactions
• Cell phone cameras, mirrors, or other tools used to view cards and PINs
• Skimmers or unusual activity at ATMs and gas pumps; look for anything loose, crooked or damaged or if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
• Set alerts within online banking to advise you of large items or account balance changes
• Remember, your PIN is private; never give it out
3. Never respond to unsolicited emails online that:
• Request that you verify your card or account number; such emails are not sent by legitimate businesses
• Link to websites; such sites can look legitimate but may collect data or put spyware on your computer
4.When using WiFi access outside your home or office be sure the ne work is safe.
• Consider limiting your use of public networks and when you do use one, limit your use of websites that access your personal information.
Mobile Banking is Taking Off One of the most popular new services banks offer today is a mobile banking application. With these apps you can use your smart phone to quickly see information about your accounts, find ATM locations and various other functions. Many banking apps allow for the deposit of a check using the camera built into your smartphone and the application provided by your bank. Mobile banking is a great way to keep an eye on your money and process certain transactions on the go.
Conduct a Portfolio Review The fourth quarter is nearly here and before you know it the 2015 holiday season will be upon us. For these reasons now is the best time to take a look at your investment portfolio performance and your estate and trust planning efforts.
Simple things go a long way so now is the time to:
• Review your contributions to your 401k, IRA or SEP
• See if your portfolio is properly balanced after the year’s gains and losses
• Consider if you have met your goals for charitable giving this year
• Review your Will or Trust documents to ensure they are complete and up to date
Finding the right team of financial professionals can be a tremendous help. Professionals with the right experience can build you a portfolio and ensure your money is working while also helping to protect your assets.
The team of experienced bankers at Coconut Grove Bank can assist in all these areas. Our mission is to help our clients through our local management, legendary client service and swift decision making. Experience the difference at Coconut Grove Bank.