HGTV’s Matt Muenster to Make Appearance
The Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show returns Labor Day Weekend (September 2-6, 2016) to the Miami Beach Convention Center. Visitors will find thousands of choices including the latest trends in landscaping, design, furniture, fine art, decor, home security, hurricane protection, and more.
“Over forty years of experience presenting leaders in the residential and commercial improvement industries, allows us to be adept at evaluating the needs of a new generation of homeowners,” comments Adam Kayce, Show Director. “We strive to be the community’s premier source for design inspiration and education, and provide business to consumer engagement before, during, and after each Show.”
The five-day event includes seminars, art showcase, cooking demonstrations, and interactions with local and national celebrities. Here’s what to expect:
• Matt Muenster of HGTV’s Bath Crashers and DIY Network’s BATHtastic! presents, “A Modern Take on Bathroom Design” – Sunday, September 4th and Monday, September 5th (Labor Day.)
Matt Muenster, TV Host, Designer and Licensed Contractor, has been hosting in continuous production for the past 8+ years on HGTV and DIY Network branded programming. He has hosted the hit show Bath Crashers, BATHtastic!, Ellen’s Design Challenge, HGTV Dream Home 2015 and Blog Cabin. His passion for design led him into a career of hosting TV and creating an identity and brand to engage viewers through his high energy yet comfortable on camera persona.
• Five South Florida Interior Designers will create a room vignette for a popular television news journalist. Ask questions and learn design tips while relaxing in each designer’s stylish, room vignette created exclusively for the Show. This year’s Designer/Celebrity matches are: Viviana Galetto-Malave of VGM Decorators Inc. and Glenna Milberg from Local 10 WPLG; Anya Cesar of Anya Renise Design Group and Shireen Sandoval from WSVN 7; Roberta Black of RB Design and Jasmina Marazita from Telemundo 51; Janice Attia of J. Attia Design and Sandra Peebles from Noticias 23 Univision; and Reginald W. Dunlap of Luxe Interior Design and Finishing and Rick Folbaum from CBS4 Miami.;
• “Know Your Rights: Ask Christina!” – Emmy Award-Winning, Local 10 News reporter Christina Vazquez of the Call Christina segment, will discuss Consumer Protection and answer questions on Saturday, September 3, at 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.;
• Become “At Home with Art” – Chat with South Florida artists, learn about local art events and resources, and enjoy a showcase of paintings, sculptures, and photography. This year’s Ambassador Artists are: Alessandro Abate, Aquarela Sabol, Nate Dee, and Teepop of the Little Haiti Mural Project curated by Yuval Ofir; Charles Trainor Jr., Jennifer Kay, Marice Cohn Band, CW Griffin, and Patrick Farrell, Edouard Duval-Carrié, Creative Director of the Haitian Cultural Arts Alliance, and curated by Carl Juste; Rolando Elejalde, Annie M, and Marta Ismail of Viernes Culturales/Little Havana Art District curated by Pati Vargas; MANO, Josepo, Jorge Ballara, Lorie Ofir, Rosee Camafreita, Darren Johnson, Ivan Castillo Lagrange, and Bartus Bartolomes.
• Under the direction of Chef Paulette Bilsky (Culinary Stage Coordinator) popular local Chefs provide culinary inspiration at weekend-long demos with a Miami Beach Chef Spotlight presented by the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce;
• Support the launch of the first Home Show’s “Collection Drive” benefitting the Ronald McDonald House of South Florida Charities. The organization will also offer an interactive, family-friendly art activity.
When, Where and Ticket Information:
September 2-6, 2016 | Labor Day Weekend
Friday, September 2: 6:00 pm -10:30 pm
Saturday, September 3: 12:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Sunday, September 4: 12:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Monday, September 5: (Labor Day) 12:00 pm -7:30 pm
Tuesday, September 6: 6:00 pm -10:30 pm
Miami Beach Convention Center
1901 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Facebook url: https://www.facebook.com/events/1774999989408960/
Ticket url: http://ow.ly/8g4G302jfFK
Regular Price $10 adults, $1.00 children under 11. Special adult admission discount of $3 with online ticket purchases by September 1, 2016.