Celebrating four successful years in Fort Lauderdale and the launch of a third location in Tampa, Florida, American Social Bar & Kitchen welcomes a new menu to its Brickell location, which opened in 2014. The patriotic lounge and scratch kitchen will present a contemporary offering of light bites, sharing plates and seasonal dishes beginning Tuesday, June 14.
Breathing new life into the menu, Executive Chef Christopher Palmer debuts 28 sharing-style plates reflective of the restaurant’s social atmosphere. The focus of the menu is a transition to lighter ingredients and simple plates.
“The menu has evolved to meet the new dining standard, which is communal and social,” said Palmer. “Our new emphasis on sharing-style plates allows guests to experience eclectic flavors, styles and creativity in a number of dishes.”
Guests can start with the restaurant’s selection of Little Bites including BBQ Trail Mix, a savory mix of Marcona nuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, pumpkin seeds, dried apricots and bacon tossed in a Category 12 BBQ Sauce; Fried Olives and Pepperdews, stuffed with a creamy blend of goat cheese and queso fresco; or Piquillo Pepper Hummus, creamy chickpea and piquillo pepper hummus topped with L’Estornell EVOO and cilantro and paired with housebaked pita chips.
Select your plate’s origin with the restaurant’s Sea, Land, Garden and Pub-themed share plates, which serve two to four guests.
• SEA – Dive into fresh seafood share plates including:
• Peekytoe Crab Toast, toasted pumpernickel bread topped with red peppers, shallots, Dijon mustard, aioli, cucumber, jalapeño, tomato, tarragon, chives and pickled onion.
• East or West Coast Oysters, a fresh selection of oysters served with Category 12 Hot Sauce, horseradish and fresh mignonette.
• Chickpea Fried Snapper, fresh snapper dusted with chickpea flour, lightly fried and topped with Florida salsa and a papaya-infused tartar sauce.
• LAND – Savor and share a meatier portion with options including:
• Niman Ranch Strip Loin, strip steak layered with porchini powder and topped with roasted mushrooms, horseradish puree, truffled mache, and Granny Smith apples.
• Mojo Chicken Empanadas, a savory combination of all-natural chicken, black bean salsa and green goddess sauce.
• Ropa Veija Tacos, ropa braised brisket, red peppers, queso fresco and grilled corn served in a homemade tortilla.
• GARDEN – Vegetarians will unite over garden share plates including:
• Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup, savory heirloom tomato and fresh basil broth topped with aged Gruyere cheese and served with homemade sourdough.
• Summer Vegetable Toast Points, fresh yellow squash, zucchini, piquillo pepper, tarragon, cilantro cream and goat cheese served atop sourdough toast and drizzled with L’Estornell EVOO.
• PUB – Pub share plates feature American classics and signature AMSO dishes including:
• Cuban Cigars, a crispy roll-up of house-cured pastrami, mojo roasted pork loin, Swiss cheese, Kosher pickle, carrot, radish and pickled Dijon mustard.
• American Social Mac and Cheese, tender orecchiette pasta served in a blend of Vermont cheddar, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream cheese.
• Quesadilla, homemade tortilla pressed with all-natural blackened chicken, pepper jack cheese, cilantro, red pepper and grilled corn paired with pico de gallo, refried beans and guacamole.
American Social’s new main courses include the Pastrami Sandwich, featuring house-cured pastrami topped with Emmental Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing served on homemade pumpernickel bread; Niman Ranch Strip Loin, a hearty 8 ounce Niman Ranch beef strip loin coated with porcini powder, topped with butter roasted mushrooms and truffle butter and served with signature Duck Fat Fries; and Florida Snapper, fresh 6 ounce pan-seared snapper paired with Israeli couscous, yellow squash and zucchini and topped with Florida salsa and papaya tartar sauce.
Founded by restaurateurs Paul Greenberg and Richard Mijares, American Social is open from 11:30am to 1am Sunday through Wednesday, 11:30am to 2am on Thursdays, and 11:30am to 3am on Friday and Saturday.
For more information, visit http://americansocialbar.com/brickell or call 305-223-7004 to reserve a table.