Just at the point in time when the traditional South Florida “season” is drawing to a close…two phenomenal world-class athletic events step in to re-energize Miami Beach and focus world-wide attention on its magnificence. Each spectacular sports challenge transforms Collins Park Beach (between 20th and 22nd Streets off Collins Avenue) into an exciting “sandy” international arena during the last week in April and the first week in May!
What could possibly draw and stimulate more enormous, enthusiastic crowds of Beachites and tourists alike? What could possibly capture more extensive and explosive mass media coverage prior to, during, and after these electrifying events from local, regional, national and international news and other broadcasting venues and outlets?
While soccer and polo are two of the world’s most powerful sports; playing them on the beach changes everything. It raises the thrill and excitement (not to mention the complexity of these games) to entirely new heights! Dazzling, brilliant sports performances are guaranteed to delight the expected crowds of ten to twelve thousand people from all corners of the globe!
After you’ve noted the amazing details surrounding each unique event, you’ll surely want to mark your calendars and make plans to attend…and bring your friends too! Life on Miami Beach is always a party; polo and soccer on the beach just makes the fun quotient skyrocket!
THE MIAMI BEACH POLO WORLD CUP VIII
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25 –
SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2012
Six international men’s teams will compete for “La Martina Trophy” honoring the winner of the Miami Beach Polo World Cup VIII while eight international women’s teams will compete for the South Beach Women’s Polo Cup IV. Sponsored by Maserati, a total of 18 events are scheduled to take place in Miami Beach during these activity-packed five days. They include:
• South Beach Women’s Polo Cup IV Women’s Welcome and Cocktail Hour
• Miami Beach Polo World Cup Press Conference
• South Beach Women’s Polo Cup IV Match Play and Award Ceremony
• Miami Beach Polo World Cup VIII Player Unveiling and Kick Off Party with a Fashion Show by La Martina
• Miami Beach Polo World Cup VIII Match Play, plus a Private Event, Fundraiser, and a Fashion Show by La Martina
• Miami Beach Polo World Cup VIII “Invitation Only” event with a Fashion Show by Blank Silk
• Miami Beach Polo World Cup VIII Final Play-Offs, Cup Finals, and Awards Ceremony
• Miami Beach Polo World Cup VIII Farewell Party Visit the website (www.miamipolo.com) for comprehensive data about all dates, times, and venues plus regularly updated announcements about world-renown VIPs slated to appear and special news program coverage.
Please note: Attendance at all matches is open to the public…and it’s FREE! Access tickets to VIP tents can be purchased onsite; prices range from $100 to $150.
BEACH SOCCER WORLDWIDE
MIAMI CUP 2012
FRIDAY, MAY 4 – SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012
Top-notch athletes from Brazil, Mexico, Spain, and the USA—all members of the top world ranking national beach soccer teams— will travel to Miami Beach to compete in this most dynamic version of soccer. Three emotionally- charged and physically-challenging days featuring two matches per day will yield a Miami Cup 2012 winning team that will have truly earned the ecstasy of the victory!
Visit the website (www.beachsoccer.com) for soon-to-be-updated data about all dates, times, and venues surrounding this magical sports event.
Hope to see you all at each of these incredibly exciting events!
The Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA) proudly supports the aforementioned events. For more information on MBVCA-sponsored events, please visit www.miamibeachvca.com
Please note: Attendance at all matches is open to the public…and it’s FREE! 100 special VIP tickets will be available for purchase.