The Children’s Bereavement Center (CBC), with Presenting Sponsors New York Life Foundation and Nancy Hector along with Spotlight Sponsor VITAS Healthcare, are announcing the return of the annual Rockin’ on the Green event, Saturday, Apr. 2, 6:30 p.m., at Ransom Everglades Middle School, 3575 Main Hwy.
The evening is a night of casual chic dinner, dancing and shopping, all while supporting children and families grieving the loss of a loved one.
The evening commences with a silent auction under the stars featuring luxury gifts, fine dining, stunning jewelry, prime event tickets, and more. The CBC will be recognizing dedicated volunteers, Margarita Mills, Rae Stein and Marjorie Wilkoff with the Dr. Carol Berns Service Award.
Guests are then moved inside for the main event. During the event longtime supporters Mary Zalaznik and Paul Lowenthal will be recognized.
Other highlights of the evening include:
• Mystery Jewelry Box Raffle returns — Each box holds a beautiful piece of jewelry but only two lucky winners will receive exquisite diamond rings with their purchase. One hundred boxes available for sale.
• Live auction features items like a once-in-a-lifetime cruises aboard the finest luxury ships from Azamara Club Cruises and Oceania Cruises.
• A fine wine auction boasting wines from the most excellent wine regions in the world.
• Gourmet delights by Chef David Schwadron, Bacardi cocktails and fine wines donated by Southern Wine and Spirits.
• The Batchelor Foundation will generously provide matching funds up to $20,000 for donations to sponsor a CBC child.
• All CBC Peer Support Groups are free to participants, serving children ages 5 through young adulthood as well as adult caregivers and adults (age 18+) with their own personal loss.
• Slice and share cake centerpieces from the finest local bakeries are the icing on the cake.
• Dancing the night away to the band Sekond Nature.
Admission is $250 per person; $2,500 per table (10); sponsorships still available. Tickets can be purchased online at www.cbcrockin.org or call 305-668-4902.