Pinecrest Marketplace is an alternative to eBay and Craig’s List

You may have heard the term “sharing economy” refer to the sharing of cars by the likes of ZipCar or short-term abodes by Airbnb or even crowd-sourced funding by Kickstarter. These are examples of new ways of doing new things by leveraging technology. These shifts in thinking and technology have brought us new ways to make money, save money, help others and create relationships, all while bettering our social experience and environmental impact.

However, the creative application of these shifts in changing old world activities into entirely new paradigms and creating better, more efficient and more enjoyable versions of something we already had is perhaps the most powerful change we can all experience.

Enter Pinecrest Marketplace, an online community that members say is “more addictive then Candy Crush.” Our behavior of buying and selling household and other items locally is virtually a national pastime. Pinecrest Marketplace has managed to successfully blend this local analog activity with a digital social online sharing economy that promises to unlock a tremendous and empowering opportunity for every community around the globe. The rise of the modern Internet — especially now that it’s in your pocket — allows people to continue buying and selling items like they always have enjoyed, but with the efficiency and speed technology provides.

Right here in our community something unique and special is happening, and you’re either part of it already (or have a friend who is), or will be by the end of this article.

Pinecrest Marketplace is an addictive, online social marketplace to buy and sell everything in your home, while having fun and making friends. It provides residents of Pinecrest and some neighboring communities an opportunity to buy and sell their gently used goods in a fun, safe, closed, “velvet rope” type environment. Members buy or sell at a deep discount from a friend (or friend of a friend), monetizing high-quality unused goods and buying things they really want at amazing prices, all usually in the same day and within a 10-minute drive from your home. Everything from designer goods to furniture, children’s items to concert tickets can be bought and sold at Pinecrest Marketplace.

The group appeared on Facebook three months ago and has quickly grown to over 1,200 members. To date, Pinecrest Marketplace has a 70 percent success rate on selling items posted.

Pinecrest Marketplace is a unique concept bringing people together in a fun, social and safe way to buy and sell while eliminating the stress of regular shopping. The process is almost too simple and uses tools you’re undoubtedly familiar with:

Upload a picture of your item to the private group with a price and description and then just wait — sometimes only a few minutes — for people to inquire about your goods before being able to mark it sold.

There is no shipping, no searching racks, yet there are great goods and an easy way to make extra money and meet new friends while meeting up locally. Buyers and sellers are exchanging at school carpools, coffee shops, neighborhood stores, their homes and even in their children’s ballet classes.

“I love the idea that I am offering a new, valuable platform to my community and, in the process, connecting so many local friends and neighbors,” says Pinecrest Marketplace CEO and moderator Melissa Clarin. “The members have told me it is contagious and something that we didn’t know we really needed here in Pinecrest. It’s like the missing link. If you price your items right, which I recommend 50- 75 percent off retail for most items, they will sell, some in as quickly as under five minutes.”

Here is a link to Pinecrest Marketplace: <www.facebook.com/groups/pinecrestmarketplace/>.

All members must be approved by the moderator to maintain a local and friendly network. This trend is here to stay and is going to continue to thrive and flourish in popularity and sales. The group is bringing a digital twist to a local consignment shop and blends online product voyeurism with an offline social life. Looks like eBay and Craig’s List finally have some competition.

Any questions regarding this group or becoming a member can be directed to <Melissa@pinecrestmarketplace.com>. Link to join: <www.facebook.com/groups/pinecrestmarketplace/>.

Connect To Your Customers & Grow Your Business

Click Here

Print Friendly

31 Comments on "Pinecrest Marketplace is an alternative to eBay and Craig’s List"

1. I'd like to advertise a used canoe, lawn mower, two 10 speed bikes, and patio furniture ( 6 chairs, 2 lounges, 1 large table) but can't figure out what group to join. My wife and I are leaving Pinecrest after 27 years and would like to sell these items before the move.

2. I am moving from Pinecrest and am selling a beautiful dark wood coffe table, end table and console with marble top.

3. Rosie Borroto | July 31, 2014 at 2:10 am | Reply

Hello, This website sounds very interesting. I live in Coral Gables, I have several items I would like to sell.
    How can I go about joining.
    Rosi Borroto

4. Hi, I am moving and I would like to sell a King pine bed and a dark wood console. I live in the Gables and I do not won't to have to carry it with me. How do I go about selling these two items.

5. Hello iam selling a beautiful bedroom furniture for girl all white in grate condition

6. Hi! I'm interested in selling a beautiful Armoire home office with doors.Dark wood.When opened you can pull out a sturdy table.It has filing cabinets inside and you can put your computer,fax machine. printer.It's in excellent condition.Need to sell it quickly.I know you will fall in love with it.Priced right.

7. Carolina Sierra | December 2, 2014 at 7:50 am | Reply

Beautiful new furnitures for kids for sale. Please go to Movements by the Bay Facebook to see the pictures. Contact me directly at 786-247-5248 or via email to cplgds@gmail.com

8. I have several large signed, numbered and beautifully framed THOMAS MCKNIGHT pieces that I would like to sell:
    BLUE COUCH, LITCHFIELD, GOLDEN GATE & CAP MARTIN . All are in perfect condition.

9. I have a 40ft moving truck. Charges are reasonable. Man power As well. 305 316 9738

10. I am looking to buy a self-propelled lawnmower

11. Email me a photo of your used canoe please if you still have it alina@alinamphotography.com

12. I tried to sign up at Melissa@pinecrestmarketplace.com and nothing happened. This site looks interesting and I have lots of items to sell. How do I sign up?

13. Barbara Inskeep | August 19, 2015 at 4:30 pm | Reply

How do I join?

14. Maggie Millares | August 30, 2015 at 12:53 pm | Reply

How do I become a member? Looks very interesting. I live in the Gables area and would love to sign up.

15. how do I join? I live in South Miami and I’m remodeling my house. I have several things that I would like to sell. Among them there is a beautiful settee and two porcelain urns.

16. i am looking for a quality Pressure Cleaner…live in pinecrest area….call me at 305 668 0886 our names are jack and anne

17. Hello, I have many extremely gently used items and some never used items to sell but the only thing is that I do not live in Pinecrest. I do happen to live in a very nice neighborhood SW of the Metro Zoo on 163 St & 154 AV. So not sure if I qualify to sell or not. Many of my items are holiday decor used only one time and are stored at a storage facility. I did post some pictures on my Facebook page during the fall harvest and Christmas holidays. I also have many Easter decor peices as well but not sure if I got any pics of them when I decorated. I love this stuff but it simply got out of hand and gets costly since all year now I have to pay for a storage unit. I also have other items in my home. Many of these items were purchased from Pottery Barn, crate & barrel etc. No cheap stuff. You can let me know. 305-238-2212 or text at 305-299-8647. One way or the other, it’s okay. Thanks!

18. Margaret Lyles | May 1, 2016 at 4:30 pm | Reply

I have been told there is a fee to join this Market Place,but do not see how to do so. Please let me know what to do.
    I am 85, newly widowed, selling out home and moving north. Have large beautiful Dining Room set. Very tall 2 pc China cabinet, with mirrored back inside and lighted. Table has huge leaf and the 2 Captain’s Chairs and 4 straight back chairs are the most comfortable I ever sat in for DR chairs! I hate to give this up,but must downsize to a 2 BR cottage in the north.

19. Judy Parker | May 2, 2016 at 4:20 pm | Reply

I would like to jointhe Market Place as well but not sure how to do so. Live in Pinecrest and need to start de cluttering all my “treasures” Have lots of items used for entertaining.

20. Hello..I live in the Falls area of Miami and want to join Pinecrest Markketplace to a advertise and sell lots of good furniture. What do I do to join

21. Otilia Curry | June 3, 2016 at 11:11 am | Reply

Hello i am downsizing from a Coral Gables House to a Brickell Condominium. I am selling a King Size Bedroom set brand Bernhardt along with beautiful pieces around the house.

22. Viviana Jimenez | June 7, 2016 at 11:07 pm | Reply

Hi I would love to be part of pincrest marketplace. I’m interested in buying furniture and accessories.

23. patricia Cadena | July 8, 2016 at 12:59 pm | Reply

My name is Patricia, i would like to be part of Pinecrest Market. Looking for a dark wood dinner tablet ( could be round/ oval) and 4 chairs.

24. Dennisse Parra | July 16, 2016 at 7:44 pm | Reply

My name is Dennisse Parra, I m downsizing from a four bedroom house to a two bedroom condo. Therefore, I
    m selling a six chairs bedroom set, a king bedroom set, a beautiful formal living room set, a bike, a queen size futon sofa and a queen size bedroom set.

25. Dennisse Parra | July 16, 2016 at 7:46 pm | Reply

A correction, I m selling a six chairs formal dining . All these furniture is dark brown or cherry wood. I can end pictures.

26. Sandy Linn Zaghli | July 16, 2016 at 8:38 pm | Reply

Hi,
    My name is Sandy….Your Pinecrest Marketplace is a phenomenal idea. Many of my friends recommended that I join. Can you please tell me how to join?

27. I am selling a solid wood mahogani medium brown bedroom set consisting of a queen bed . 1 night stand 1 chesterdraw 1 small cabinet and one desk with chair in perfect condition

28. I’m looking for a tread mill and stationary bicycle