Mercy Hospital, a campus of Plantation General Hospital, is celebrating its 65th anniversary serving the Miami-Dade County community.
Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine on Dec. 18, 1950, Mercy has been affiliated with HCA East Florida Division, an HCA affiliate, since May 2011. Mercy Hospital is the only Catholic acute care hospital in Miami-Dade County.
Mercy Hospital was born of a community-wide initiative to expand healthcare services and meet the demands of the growing community. As Miami grew and changed dramatically demographically, Mercy Hospital was always in the forefront of meeting the challenges stemming from these changes and has excelled in delivering quality healthcare.
Its success is due largely to the unwavering commitment of employees and affiliated medical staff. Mercy’s dedicated team of physicians, nurses and clinicians work to provide patients with the best quality care in an atmosphere of compassion and spirituality.
Mercy continues preparing for the ever-changing needs of the community. Mercy currently is undergoing a hospital-wide renovation. Plans include total renovation of all patient rooms and lobby, impact windows throughout the hospital for added protection and enhanced patient and visitor areas. These improvements will assure Mercy Hospital will be ready for the next 65 years.
Recently, the hospital concluded the construction of a new helipad, as well as the boat dock. Mercy now is accessible for emergency response teams by land, air and sea.
Mercy Hospital is located at 3663 S. Miami Ave. For more information visit www.mercymiami.com.