The coveted titles of “Mr. and Mrs. Fit: South Miami” will be chosen from a field of entries in four age divisions at the University of Miami Field House in the Bank United Center on Sept. 4.
Designed for those who stay trim and fit through adult years, proceeds will benefit a University of Miami School of Kinesiology scholarship furthering study of exercise. The event will begin at 6 p.m.
Age categories include 18-25; 25- 35; 35-50 and over-50 for both female and males. Contestants will be judged wearing appropriate fitness and evening wear in separate stage walk-ons with four poses (front, left side, rear and right side), both individually and in groups.
“No skimpy bikinis or trunks and no complicated posing,” urge the organizers. “Just bring your fit-self to the competition and have a fun evening with other fitness enthusiasts.”
For the fitness contest, women are asked to wear sports tops or bra with shorts or leggings of the individual’s while men are asked to wear shorts either bare-cheste4d or with tank tops. Evening attire includes “any attractive outfit” (dress) worn to show a hardearned physique for women and similar attire for men emphasizing the best points of a hard-earned physique.
A judging panel of local celebrity trainers and outstanding athletes includes:
• Pierre Vuala, International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IF BB)Professional;
• Eli Sepharti, Fat Boy Fit Man, motivational speaker and author;
• David Morin, Fitness Celebrity and Model;
• Unni Greene, National Physique Committee (NPC) Bikini Athlete, fitness and nutrition guru and author;
• Magda Lopez, Life Coach and motivational speaker;
• Erika Boom, Fit Mama owner and creator, owner and creator of Belly-n-kicks.
• Vivian Gonzalez, Channel 7/WSVN fitness enthusiast and meteorologist, will host the non-professional event with IFBB and NPC athletes not allowed to compete.
Winners crowned “Ms. Fit South Miami 2015” and “Mr. Fit South Miami 2015” will each receive prizes and be featured in local media. as well as receive prizes.
Register at www.mrandmsfitmiami.