- Every cent of every dollar of profit raised this Independence Day at BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie will help support Hope For The Warriors
- Customers donate simply by shopping on the 4th of July at all BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, and additional personal donations can be made at checkout at all stores
- With every donation, customers will also receive a dedication card to write messages to our heroes and display them on a Wall of Honor in every store
Today, Southeastern Grocers, parent company of BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie, announced that for the second consecutive year, all profits generated at its grocery stores on Monday, July 4, will be donated in support of veterans and service members.
This year, Southeastern Grocers has partnered with Hope For The Warriors. Hope for the Warriors is celebrating 10 years of service, and is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for veterans, service members and military families.
Ian McLeod, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers said, “This Independence Day, we continue to honor and give thanks to our military and their families for the sacrifices they make for our nation and the world. We fully recognize the selfless contributions of those who have, and continue to serve. This Fourth of July, we are once again donating every cent of every dollar of profit generated as just one way we can show our support.”
“Southeastern Grocers operates in states with some of the highest active-duty military populations in the United States. We are committed to the communities we serve and we believe we all have a responsibility to contribute to the lives of those who have sacrificed for the nation,” continued McLeod.
Simply by shopping at BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie on Independence Day, customers will help support those who serve and sacrifice for our nation. The more customers shop, the more they donate.*
Other ways in which customers can support the cause include:
- By honoring a veteran or service member with a personal note displayed in-store on the Wall of Honor, which began on June 22.
- By donating generously during checkout now through Sunday, July 10.
- By proudly wearing the “I Donated” sticker that cashiers will hand out on July 4 to all customers to encourage friends and family to do the same.
- By liking, following and sharing BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie Facebook posts and Twitter feeds with #AllForHonor.
- By honoring a veteran or service member by posting a dedication on the All for Honor Facebook page, www.facebook.com/allforhonor.
Robin Kelleher, Co-Founder, President and CEO of Hope For The Warriors said, “Hope For The Warriors is humbled and very thankful to Southeastern Grocers for this incredible opportunity and support. Through this unique promotion, they are helping us reach thousands of patriotic Americans who truly understand the sacrifices of our veterans, service members and military families.”
Through the generous donations of customers and vendors, as well as all profits earned at BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores on July 4, 2015, Southeastern Grocers’ inaugural Independence Day campaign raised more than $3 million for veterans and generated thousands of personal tributes to veterans and service members.
This year, Southeastern Grocers is proud to partner with Hope For The Warriors to generate funds, which will help the organization provide comprehensive support programs to those actively serving in the military, veterans, military families and caregivers throughout the country.
About Hope For The Warriors
Founded in 2006, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for post 9/11 veterans, service members and military families. Since its inception, Hope For The Warriors has served approximately 10,000 through a variety of support programs focused on transition, health and wellness, peer engagement and connections to community resources. The nonprofit’s first program, A Warrior’s Wish, has granted 151 wishes to fulfill a desire for a better quality of life or support a quest for gratifying endeavors. In addition, Run For The Warriors has captured the hearts of more than 22,000 since 2010. For more information, visit http://www.hopeforthewarriors.
About Southeastern Grocers
Southeastern Grocers, LLC, parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the second-largest supermarket in the Southeast based on store count. The company employs nearly 60,000 associates who serve customers in approximately 750 grocery stores, 140 liquor stores and 500 in-store pharmacies throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and loyal associates, and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers. For more information, visitwww.bi-lo.com, www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.