By Stephanie Dethomas….
Capture a color image that reflects the beauty of Sunny Isles Beach, Florida’s Riviera: be it a sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean, a scenic beach or city park view or a sunset over the Intracoastal Waterway. The pictures can be from any season of the year.
Winning images will be published on a nonexclusive basis in the City’s 2011 desk calendar.
The RULES Submissions are due by Monday, October 18, 2010 @ midnight USA Eastern Time.
The photo has to be of a scene taken in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. (between 156 Street and 195 Street and the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway.)
A panel of judges will evaluate all photos entered on their photographic quality and subject material.
PROFESSIONALS and AMATEURS welcome.
The contest is open to all ages; residents, non-residents, and city employees. There is a limit of 10 entries per person.
NO PHOTOSHOPPING or other digital manipulation is acceptable. The contest is about photography, not about one’s expertise with a graphical application. We do allow the use of photographic techniques contained within a camera’s abilities (i.e. a manual shutter release used at night to capture fireworks or moving traffic) and CROPPING an image.
With each photo submitted include:
Photographer’s telephone number.
A title for the shot.
The date the photo was taken as well as any details you know about the photo.
Electronic Submission: Forward your photo in a jpeg or tiff format to email@example.com.
Notes regarding electronic submissions: Photo must be high resolution, i.e. it must be no smaller than 300 dpi at 5 x 7 size.
Do not watermark, add decorative borders or place any other distinguishing marks (i.e. name, copyright) on the image. Because the judging is anonymous, an image cannot possess identifiable information.
Zipped or compressed (i.e. zip, dmg, rar, etc.) files will not be accepted. Straight image files only please.
Mail hard copy photos to: Photo Contest 2011 City of Sunny Isles Beach 18070 Collins Avenue Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
Notes regarding paper submissions:
1. Do not write on the back of a photograph, especially with a ball point pen.
2. Printed images do not scan that well, so an emailed high-resolution digital version is preferred.
Entries that do not conform to the entry guidelines or fail to provide the requested information (i.e. name, address) may be removed from consideration.
Note: By entering a photo to the City’s Photo Contest, you give the City permission to post the submission on its website or use your photo for publication.
• By entering this Contest, each entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: i) its entry is an original work of the entrants; ii) its entry does not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the copyrights, patents, trademarks, rights of privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity; iii) to the extent that its entry contains any third party materials and/or depicts the name, likeness, or indicia of identity of any person living or deceased, the entrant has secured and will provide all necessary permissions and releases to enable use of such materials in its entry.
• Buy entering this Contest, each entrant grants the City of Sunny Isles Beach, a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sub licensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, prepare derivative works of, and display, without compensation or obtaining further permission, their entries in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast, and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities, including but not limited to connection to this contest.
• Entrants are prohibited from submitting entries that: i) contain material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the entrant is the owner of such rights or has the permission from the rightful owner to grant the City of Sunny Isles Beach all of the license rights granted herein; ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage the City of Sunny Isle Beach; iii) contain material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
• By participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the City of Sunny Isles Beach and all of its representatives, agents, and employees from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages, of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, participation in the Contest.
The City’s 2011 desk calendar will be available at the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center the beginning of January 2011.
Direct any questions and comments to 305.947.0606, extension 1759 or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy photo shooting!