Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 16, 2014. The meeting opens with two special presentations: 1) proclaiming October 16, 2014 as “Coffey Burlington Day” in the City of Sunny Isles Beach and 2) a special presentation to the City by the organizer of the 12th Annual South Florida Dragon Boat Festival for its first place finish in the Corporate Race Division held on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
THERE WILL BE TWO ZONING HEARINGS:
• Request of Marian Towers located at 17505 North Bay Road seeking an increase of density from 220 dwelling units to 224 dwelling units.
• Request of Sunny Isles Property Venture LLC at 15701 and 15795 Collins Avenue for
1) site plan approval for a 50-story residential condominium with 212 dwelling units,
2) the utilization of private TDRs in the amount of 83,445 square feet and 42 dwelling units,
3) the utilization of public TDRs in the amount of 49,018 square feet and 10 dwelling units and
4) use of graphics and murals on a temporary construction fence.
THERE ARE THREE ORDINANCES FOR FIRST READING:
• Amending the City’s budget for the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year.
• Correcting a scrivener’s error and to clarify the buffer zone between properties in the business overlay district and properties in the residential district.
• Amending Chapter 265 “Zoning” Section 265-18 of the city code to require submission of costs of construction of development projects and appraised value of artwork designated for development project in the site plan application process.
THERE IS ONE ORDINANCE FOR SECOND READING:
• Amending Ordinance No. 2013-412; Amending the City’s Budget #BA1314-06 for the 2013-2014 Fiscal Year – Capital Projects Fund, 2010 Capital Projects Fund and 2011 Capital Projects Fund.
THERE ARE TWENTY-FOUR RESOLUTIONS ON THE AGENDA:
• Request to approve a lease proposal with Chester’s Harley-Davidson of Ft. Lauderdale for the lease of 3 Police motorcycles.
• Request to authorize the Chief of Police, in accordance with the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984 and Section 932.7055,F.S., to expend partial forfeiture funds from the Dept. of Justice and Law Enforcement Trust Fund to purchase 3 police motorcycles and emergency lighting and equipment.
• Request to approve the purchase of three 2015 Harley-Davidson Police Road King motorcycles from Chester’s Harley- Davidson of Ft. Lauderdale, and associated emergency lighting and equipment from Strobes-R-Us., Inc.
• Request to approve two additional steps for Sergeant in conformance with all other plans; approving a pay plan for sworn Police Officers; approving the salary survey pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement between the City of Sunny Isles Beach and the PBA.
• Request to approve change order #1 with PAC Comm, Inc. for emergency seawall repair.
• Request to approve the fifth amendment to the agreement with Lukes-Sawgrass Landscaping, Inc. for landscaping maintenance services.
• Request to approve the third amendment to the agreement with the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. for fleet maintenance and repair services.
• Request to approve the second amendment to the agreement with John Churchill for fleet maintenance and repair services to provide heating and air conditioning services to city-owned buses.
• Request to authorize the purchase of parts and supplies from W.W. Grainger, Inc. for the maintenance of the Government Center, streets and parks.
• Request to approve an agreement with Calvin Giordano & Associates for professional services for emergency seawall repair, design, permitting and inspections at Intracoastal Parks.
• Request to approve entering into an agreement for sanitary sewer facilities between Miami-Dade County and the City of Sunny Isles Beach for sanitary sewer improvements for Samson Oceanfront Park.
• Request to authorize the City Manager or designee to purchase necessary office and other supplies from Home Depot, Staples Advantage and Costco for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
• Request to authorize the transfer of TDRs in the amount of 83,445 square feet of floor area and 42 dwelling units to Sunny Isles Property Venture, LLC for the property located at 15701 and 15795 Collins Avenue from private TDR bank accounts.
• Request to authorize the transfer of TDRs in the amount of 49,018 square feet of floor area and 10 dwelling units to Sunny Isles Property Venture, LLC for the property located at 15701 and 15795 Collins Avenue from the City’s TDR bank account.
• Request to authorize a charitable contribution to the Sunny Isles Beach K-8 Trust Fund for the Florida International University First Generation College Scholarship Program.
• Request to approve an in-kind donation to the Girl Scout Troop at the Norman S. Edelcup/Sunny Isles Beach K-8 for use of space at the Pelican Community Park for weekly meetings.
• Request to call for a special election to be held on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 for the purpose of submitting to the electorate of the City of Sunny Isles Beach the names of all qualified candidates for election to the position of City Commissioner, Seat 03 (Southern Residential Area).
• Request to schedule a special City Commission meeting on Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. to swear-in newly elected officials and to confirm the Mayor’s appointment to temporarily fill the vacated City Commissioner Seat 03.
• Request to authorize the purchase of equipment from Dell for FY 2014-2015.
• Request to authorize the City Manager to expend budgeted funds for the annual maintenance and support with Sungard Public Sector, Inc. to provide technical support and software upgrades for the Police Department Computer System.
• Request to authorize the purchase of additional professional and software services from Information Consultants, Inc. for FY 2014-2015.
• Request to terminate a “Declaration of Restrictions and Grant of Easement” submitted by Sunny Isles Property Venture, LLC for the property located at 15701 Collins Avenue.
• Request to approve a request submitted by 18555 Developers, LLC to waive the landscaping and front setback requirements for the construction fence at the Porsche projects located at 18555 Collins Avenue.