If you want to get into the holiday spirit, just look at all the festive decorations around town subliminally putting you in the mood to buy gifts. But if that doesn’t get your credit card swiping, then try some of these “’tis the season tips:”
• This year, do all your holiday shopping at Target or Marshalls. Then after you fill your cart with the most affordable gifts, head over to a designer store and buy yourself something really expensive so at least you can go into debt with a smile!
• Instead of getting an expensive fine fragrance at a department store, bring your laptop to one of the parks in Sunny Isles Beach where you can get free WiFi. Then shop on eBay and find the same fragrance for half the price – just make sure you’re not buying a bottle that’s half the size!
• Go to Publix and buy a gift certificate for your neighbor. Then start dropping hints that you haven’t been invited anywhere for a holiday dinner so they’ll do all the cooking and cleaning while you just enjoy the feast!
• If you want to drop a subtle hint to your significant other that they need to lose a few pounds – put some passes for a complimentary visit to Crunch Gym in their holiday stocking – but then don’t be surprised if the lock has been changed next time you try to open the front door!
• Get stuck in traffic long enough to start daydreaming about where you’d rather be…Then call your travel agent from your cell phone and don’t be surprised when she tells you to stay in Sunny Isles Beach – where life is like a year-round vacation.
• Hire personal shoppers to get all your holiday gifts for you…Then hire them again to return all the gifts you receive that are too small, too big or too ostentatious. After all, if you’re lucky enough to live in Sunny Isles Beach, it’s pretty hard to know what to get someone who already has everything!