Do you have an eye for a good picture? Take your camera out, capture a color image that reflects the beauty of Sunny Isles Beach, Florida’s Riviera and submit it to the annual photo contest. There are many subjects to turn the camera towards including, stunning architecture, beautiful parks, the natural beauty of the Atlantic Ocean and plenty of people having fun in the sun!
Winning images will be published on a non-exclusive basis in the City’s 2014 desk calendar. Last year’s December calendar photo winner, Valeriy Bezhin, also had his gorgeous nighttime photo appear on the cover of the summer issue of the SIB Living Magazine. In past years, contest photos have been used in outside publications, like the Miami Herald, and were also used on promotional items such as playing cards and coffee mugs. So, even if your photo does not get chosen for the calendar, it could still be used elsewhere to promote this world class city.
Submissions are due by Monday, October 14, 2013 @ midnight USA Eastern Time.
The photo has to be of a scene taken in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. (between 156 Street and 195 Street and the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway.)
A panel of judges will evaluate all photos entered on their photographic quality and subject material.
PROFESSIONALS AND AMATEURS WELCOME
The contest is open to all ages; residents, non-residents and city employees. There is a limit of 10 entries per person.
NO PHOTOSHOPPING or other digital manipulation is acceptable. The contest is about photography, not about one’s expertise with a graphical application. We do allow the use of photographic techniques contained within a camera’s abilities (i.e. a manual shutter release used at night to capture fireworks or moving traffic) and CROPPING an image.
WITH EACH PHOTO SUBMITTED INCLUDE:
Photographer’s telephone number.
A title for the shot.
The date the photo was taken as well as any details you know about the photo.
Forward your photo in a jpeg or tiff format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notes regarding electronic submissions:
Photo must be high resolution, i.e. it must be no smaller than 300 dpi at 5 x 7 size.
Do not watermark, add decorative borders or place any other distinguishing marks (i.e. name, copyright) on the image. Because the judging is anonymous, an image cannot possess identifiable information.
Zipped or compressed (i.e. zip, dmg, rar, etc.) files will not be accepted. Straight image files only please.
Mail hard copy photos to: Photo Contest 2014 City of Sunny Isles Beach 18070 Collins Avenue Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160 Notes regarding paper submissions:
1. Do not write on the back of a photograph, especially with a ball point pen.
2. Printed images do not scan that well, so an emailed high-resolution digital version is preferred.
Entries that do not conform to the entry guidelines or fail to provide the requested information (i.e. name, address) may be removed from consideration.
Note: By entering a photo in the City’s Photo Contest, you give the City absolute discretion to post the submission on its website or use your photo for publication for purposes related to the business of the City. An executed waiver form will be required at time of submission. The waiver form will be sent by return email or can be picked up in person at the Government Center.
• By entering this Contest, each entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: i) its entry is an original work of the entrants; ii) its entry does not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the copyrights, patents, trademarks, rights of privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity; iii) to the extent that its entry contains any third party materials and/or depicts the name, likeness, or indicia of identity of any person living or deceased, the entrant has secured and will provide all necessary permissions and releases to enable use of such materials in its entry.
• Buy entering this Contest, each entrant grants the City of Sunny Isles Beach, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub licensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, prepare derivative works of, and display, without compensation or obtaining further permission, their entries in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast, and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities, including but not limited to connection to this contest.
• Entrants are prohibited from submitting entries that: i) contain material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the entrant is the owner of such rights or has the permission from the rightful owner to grant the City of Sunny Isles Beach all of the license rights granted herein; ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage the City of Sunny Isle Beach; iii) contain material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
• By participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the City of Sunny Isles Beach and all of its representatives, agents, and employees from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages, of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, participation in the Contest.
The City’s 2014 desk calendar will be available at the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center reception desk at the end of December 2013.
Direct any questions and comments to 305.947.0606, extension 1764 or to email@example.com
Happy photo shooting!