The City Commission Employee Recognition Award Program will award Certificates of Appreciation to Brayan Pagan, Senior Code and Parking Enforcement Officer, and Rob Williamson, Public Works Foreman.
A proclamation declaring May 25, 2014 as “National Missing Children’s Day” in the City of Sunny Isles Beach.
A presentation of the status report of the City Advisory Committee by Dana Goldman, Chairperson.
There is one zoning hearing on the Agenda:
• Request of Jade Signature (16875 & 16901 Collins Ave.) for site plan modification of the approved site plan to decrease the number of residential units (from 223 to 192) and the floor area ratio, and a modification of the approved front and side (south) setbacks.
There are two Ordinances for first reading:
• Amending Chapter 62 of the Code to clarify that purchases in excess of $25,000.00 for utilities shall be administratively approved in the adopted Fiscal Year budget and are not subject to the requirements of Chapter 62 unless required by the City Commission.
• Amending Chapter 256 of the Code to prohibit the use of skateboards along Collins Avenue and Sunny Isles Boulevard.
There are seven Ordinances for second reading:
• A resolution of the Local Planning Agency of the City of Sunny Isles Beach recommending amending Section 265-23 of the Code to clarify the process to extend the useful life of Transfer Development Rights.
• An Ordinance of the City Commission amending Section 265-23 of the Code to clarify the process to extend the useful life of Transfer Development Rights.
• Amending Ordinance No. 2013-412; Amending the City’s Budget No. BA1314- 04 for the 2013/14 Fiscal Year-General Fund, Street Construction/Maintenance Fund, Capital Projects Fund and 2010 Capital Projects Fund.
• Amending Chapter 265, Article IX, “Sign Regulations” to clarify that electronic signs are permitted in government facilities located in the City.
• Creating Chapter 99 of the Code of Ordinances entitled “Public Health and Safety”, including Article I entitled “ECigarettes”, to prohibit the sale, gifting or furnishing of E-Cigarettes and Liquid Nicotine to persons under the age of eighteen.
• Creating a new article in Chapter 172 entitled “Charitable Donations” requiring approval of the City Commission for financial donations to charitable organizations and for donations of in-kind services and use of facilities by charitable organizations.
• Amending Chapter 100 “Animals” to create a new section 100-3 entitled “Retail Sale of Dogs and Cats”.
There are eight Resolutions on the Agenda:
• Request to approve the second amendment to the agreement with Keefe, McCullough & Co. for professional auditing services.
• Request for approval to award Bid No. 14-03-01 to Chabad Lubavitch Russian Center of South Florida for city owned property located at 500 Sunny Isles Boulevard.
• Request to approve the first amendment to the parking license agreement between the City of Sunny Isles Beach and Coastal Construction of South Florida for use of the parking lot located at 175th Street.
• Request to approve an agreement with Playmore Recreational Products & Services for the purchase and installation of a complete playground including playground equipment, safety surfacing and shade structure for Intracoastal Park.
• Request to approve an agreement with Intertek Testing Services for PVC Clad Railing System Testing at the Newport Fishing Pier. • Request to approve the purchase of 21 additional decorative street signs and posts from GraphPlex Signs.
• Request to approve authorizing the City Manager to expend up to $65,000.00 with Franklin Dodd Communications to provide printing services for the City in FY 2013/2014.
• Request to approve the name of a park bench in Heritage Park as the “Richard C. Schulman Park Bench” in honor and appreciation of his dedication to the City of Sunny Isles Beach.