Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 20, 2014. The meeting opens with a special presentation honoring the City of Sunny Isles Beach with the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for Fiscal Year 2013/2014.
There are four Ordinances on the Agenda for first reading:
Amending Chapter 33 “Code of Ethics” to clarify that elected officials are prohibited from serving on the Board of Directors of for-profit or not-for-profit corporations that receive monetary or in-kind benefits from the City. Amending Chapter 100 “Animals” of the Code of Ordinances of the City to prohibit the retail sale of dogs and cats.
Amending Section 265-46(A)(17) to modify the vehicle platform requirements.
Amending Chapter 62 “Purchasing” Section62-13 “Exemptions from Competitive Bidding” to clarify that purchases made through intergovernmental cooperative purchasing arrangements or purchasing consortiums organized as a corporation not-for-profit whose members are governmental entities are exempt from competitive bidding.
There are two Ordinances on the Agenda for second reading:
Amending the City’s budget for Fiscal Year 2013/2014 for General Fund, Street Maintenance & Construction Fund, Building Fund, Capital Fund, Special Assessments Fund, 2011 Capital Projects Fund, 2010 Capital Projects Fund, Stormwater Fund and Stormwater Capital Fund.
Amending Chapter 265 to clarify that storage facilities are conditional uses within the B-1 Zoning District.
There are 9 Resolutions on the Agenda:
• Request for approval to enter an agreement with Lynx Construction Management for the construction of a wall underneath the William Lehman Causeway.
• Request for approval authorizing the City Manager to negotiate and enter into an agreement with the Weitz Company for construction management services for Gateway Park.
• Request for approval to ratify payment to Beiswenger, Hoch & Assoc. to provide post design services for the Sunny Isles Beach/Newport Fishing Pier.
• Request for approval of a third amendment to the agreement with Harbour Construction to provide demolition services for Gateway Park.
• Request for approval to authorize an agreement with the Miami Herald for retail advertising services.
• Request for approval to provide in-kind support to the Sunny Isles Beach Kiwanus Club to sponsor “K-Kids Pancake Breakfast”, a fundraising event on Sunday, May 4, 2014 for use of Pelican Community Park.
• Request to approve ratifying a charitable contribution in remembrance of Dan Palmer to the Aventura Marketing Council Education Foundation. Also request for approval for a naming of a park bench in Heritage Park as the “Dan Palmer Park Bench”.
• Request for approval for the purchase of eight new copier/scanner/printers from Toshiba Business Solutions for the Government Center, Police Department and Pelican Community Park.
• Request for approval declaring necessity to initiate legal proceedings against Porto Bellagio Condominium Association, Inc. in order to enforce the ingress/egress easement agreement.