Please join us in the Commission Chambers starting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 21, 2015. The meeting opens with four special presentations: 1) a presentation by Florida State Representative Joseph Geller regarding an update on legislation activities, 2) a certificate of appreciation to be presented to Timothy Byrd for his service as President of the Student Council at the Norman S. Edelcup Sunny Isles Beach K-8 School 3) acknowledgement of the City’s Government Finance Officers Association Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for FY 2014/2015 and 4) a special presentation by the Police Department.
THERE IS ONE ZONING HEARING ON THE AGENDA:
• The applicant is seeking site plan approval for an 18-story condominium tower with a ground floor restaurant located at 17550 Collins Avenue (Denny’s Restaurant site). The building consists of 77 residential units and 165,538 square feet of floor area ratio. The applicant is requesting permission to purchase and assign 38,104 square feet of floor area and 6 dwelling units from the City’s TDR bank. Additionally the applicant is requesting approval of the use of mural and graphics on temporary construction fencing.
THERE ARE THREE ORDINANCES FOR FIRST READING:
• Amending Section 265-46(17) of the code to clarify the size requirement for mechanical parking stalls.
• Amending Chapter 172 of the code to prohibit discrimination against persons based on gender identity or gender expression.
• Amending Chapter 62 of the code to clarify that purchases less than $50,000 may be made, or entered into, by the City Manager without submittal to the City Commission, but shall otherwise require compliance with the competitive bidding requirements set forth in Chapter 62.
THERE ARE THREE ORDINANCES FOR SECOND READING:
• Amending Ordinance No. 2014-436; amending the City’s Budget No. BA1415-04 for the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year – Streets Maintenance Fund and Capital Projects Fund.
• Amending Chapter 233 (“Special Events”) of the City code to clarify that a condominium may hold special events for guests and invitees up to four times per year.
• Deferred – Amending Chapter 265-54 of the City code to require a permit for substantial repairs of signs.
THERE ARE THIRTEEN RESOLUTIONS ON THE AGENDA:
• Request to approve a rooftop license agreement by and between the City of North Miami Beach and the City of Sunny Isles Beach to use certain rooftop space at the Heritage Park parking garage and the Government Center to install and maintain fixed network collector antennas and equipment.
• Request to approve the third amendment to the agreement with Keefe, McCullough & Co. for professional auditing services for a period of one year.
• Request to approve a first amendment to the lease agreement between the City of Sunny Isles Beach and Fly Me to the Moon, LLC for a restaurant at Gateway Park.
• Request to approve an amendment to the City’s personnel policy regarding the introductory/ probationary period policy.
• Request to authorize TDRs in the amount of 38,104 square feet of property located at 17550 Collins Avenue from the City’s TDR bank account.
• Request to approve a public school concurrency proportionate share mitigation development agreement between the School Board of Miami-Dade County and the Turnberry Ocean Club Project located at 18501 Collins Avenue.
• Request to approve a public school concurrency proportionate share mitigation development agreement between the School Board of Miami- Dade County and the Ritz Carlton Project located at 15701 and 15795 Collins Avenue.
• Request to approve a uniform sign plan prepared by Advanced Multi Sign, Corp. for the One Netanya Project located at 323 Sunny Isles Blvd.
• Request to authorize the City Manager to expend up to an amount of $40,000 annually with Elite Tent Company for rental of tents and supplies.
• Request to approve an agreement with Shorty’s BBQ for catering services for the City’s 18th Annual Anniversary Celebration on June 7, 2015.
• Request to approve the third amendment to the agreement with Development Counsellors International (DCI) for public relations services.
• Request to ratify in-kind support to the Norman S. Edelcup Sunny Isles Beach K-8 for Arbor Day activities in the amount of $1,000.
• Request to approve an agreement with Park One of Florida to provide a customer service ambassador for the Pier Park parking lot.