The City Commission Agenda Please join us in the Commission Chambers starting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 17, 2015.
At this time it is worth noting that two Special City Commission Meetings have been scheduled for the purpose of adopting the Operating and Capital Improvement Budgets for Fiscal Year 2015/2016. The first will be held on Tuesday, September 15 at 5:30 p.m. and the final will be held on Thursday, September 24 at 5:30 p.m. in the Chambers.
THERE IS ONE ZONING HEARING ON THE AGENDA:
• Sunny Isles Academy Corp., a daycare center located at 17395 North Bay Road (Winston Towers retail area), is requesting:
• A conditional use approval to expand the Daycare services to also include both Pre- Kindergarten and After School Care at that location.
• A variance to permit an increase of 65 children. Currently 25 children are permitted. This increase would bring the total number of children up to 90.
• A variance to allow zero square feet of outdoor area for the 2nd floor childcare center when 563 square feet would be required.
• Delete the maximum age limitation of five year olds.
THERE ARE THREE ORDINANCES FOR FIRST READING:
• Amending the City’s Budget No. BA1415- 05 for the 2014/2015 Fiscal Year.
• Amending the Code to clarify height of walls and fences in the back yard area.
• Amending the Code entitled “Mixed Use Resort” Zoning District to permit an elevated pedestrian bridge between towers on same lot.
THERE ARE TWO ORDINANCES FOR SECOND READING:
• Amending section 265-46 to clarity that offstreet loading spaces shall be required for all commercial and office buildings.
• Amending Chapter 265 “zoning” section 264- 18 to require submission of a staging plan for demolition and construction of the development project as a requirement of the site plan application.
THERE ARE FOURTEEN RESOLUTIONS ON THE AGENDA:
• Request for a revision to the declaration of restrictions to modify the limitation on daycare uses on the property located at 17395 North Bay Road, subject to certain conditions.
• Request to approve the renewal of the commercial package policy (property, liability, automobile), workers compensation and miscellaneous Insurances with Brown & Brown/Preferred Government Insurance Trust from 10/1/15 to 9/30/16.
• Request to authorize Commissioner Isaac Aelion as the City’s delegate to the Miami-Dade League of Cities and Mayor George “Bud” Scholl as the alternate to attend meetings during FY 2015/16.
• Request to establish a schedule for City Commission meetings for Calendar Year 2016.
• Request to adopt the Miami-Dade County Local Mitigation Strategy authorizing the City Manager to identify and prioritize hazard mitigation grant program projects to become a part of the local and statewide Hazard Mitigation Strategy.
• Request to approve the fourth amendment to the agreement with the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. to provide fleet maintenance and repair services not to exceed $50,000.
• Request to approve the fifth amendment to the agreement with the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. to provide fleet maintenance and repair services not to exceed $145,750.
• Request to approve the seventh amendment to the agreement with Lukes-Sawgrass Landscaping, Inc. for professional landscaping, irrigation and arborist services.
• Request to ratify an agreement with Perkins+Will for architectural design services for a new facility at 18080 Collins Ave.
• Request to approve an increase in spending authority with Playmore Recreational Products & Services for sidewalk repairs at Intracoastal Park.
• Request to authorize the City to participate in “The Prestige Educational and Cultural Events on the Biscayne Bay Campus Series 2016-2016” and authorizing a charitable contribution to the Biscayne Bay Campus of FIU.
• Request to approve a charitable contribution to the Sunny Isles Beach Social Seniors Events, Inc. organization.
• Request to express support for the Mayors United Against Anti-Semitism Campaign.
• Request to authorize the establishment of an audit selection committee.
Commissioner Levin will lead a discussion of the future rental program for the Performance Stage at Gateway Park.