Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 16, 2013. The meeting opens with five special presentations:
Certificates of Appreciation awards will be presented to three outstanding City employees: Inna Kartunova, Yelena Vinokur and K-9 Officer “Diesel” and his partner Corporal Rob Ostrov.
A Proclamation presented to Sally J. Alayon, the first principal of the Alonzo and Tracy Mourning Senior High Biscayne Bay Campus.
A Proclamation presented to the Relay For Life event Chair and the American Cancer Society.
A Proclamation proclaiming May 18, 2013 as “National Kids to Parks Day”.
A presentation by Dana Goldman, Chair of the City Advisory Committee, regarding the implementation of social media practices.
THERE WILL BE THE FIRST READING OF THREE ORDINANCES:
• Walls constructed for the purpose of beautification may exceed six feet in height.
• To clarify that commercial units in condos located in the Residential Multi Family District are required to primarily serve residents of the condo and its guests.
• To adopt development standards for hotel uses in the business district, primarily the west side of Collins Avenue from 172nd Street to 185th Street.
THERE ARE ELEVEN RESOLUTIONS ON THE AGENDA:
• Request to approve the purchase of one Polaris Rangers UTV for use by Ocean Rescue.
• Request to approve the temporary use of the parking lot at the rear of Walgreen’s by LPLA Partners.
• Request to approve a change order for the playground canopy at Heritage Park.
• Request to approve a ten-minute fireworks display in celebration of the grand reopening of the Newport Fishing Pier.
• Request to approve an agreement with Ronald Book, Esq. for lobbying services.
• Request for approval to submit a $500,000 matching grant application for developing an outdoor performance area at Gateway Park.
• Request to approve an agreement with Cool Breeze Air Conditioning Corp. for air conditioning services at the Government Center.
• Request to approve an amendment with BH&A to extend their services to the end of the Newport Pier project.
• Request to approve the purchase of six Toshiba copiers for the Police Department, PCP and Public Works.
• Request for approval to authorize the City Manager to utilize Ric-Man International for various citywide projects.
• Request to approve two conservation easements in order to satisfy permit conditions by the South Florida Water Management District related to the construction of the North Bay Road Emergency Pedestrian Bridge.
Lastly, there will be a discussion regarding lighting for the Sunny Isles Boulevard Bridge (167th Street).