Please join us on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers for this month’s Commission Meeting. The meeting opens with a presentation of a plaque from the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, an event held on August 4, 2012 in honor and in memory of those touched by cancer.
THERE ARE TWO ZONING HEARINGS:
1)Request of 400 Sunny Isles Beach Marina to build two residential towers accommodating 230 apartments. They are also proposing an enclosed commercial marina building with 96 enclosed dry storage spaces, 36 wet slips, an area for seven boats in dry storage staging, two variances for the pedestal front and side and use of TDRs.
2)Request of Sunny Isles Beach Jewish Community Center for property located at 488 Sunny Isles Blvd. for a multi-use 42,499 square feet community center. The applicant is also requesting a parking variance and a parking agreement for off-site parking spaces.
THERE IS A FIRST READING OF TWO ORDINANCES:
1) Revision to guidelines for the reimbursement of expenses for the Mayor and City Commissioners to include a fixed expense account of $6,000.00 per fiscal year and,
2) To consider Jetskis, personal watercraft launching facilities, commercial marinas, boat storage, non-motorized and motorized watercraft leasing or launching facilities be classified as conditional use, due to the negative impacts on surrounding neighborhoods, thus requiring City Commission approval
THERE ARE EIGHTEEN RESOLUTIONS:
1)Request for approval to renew the City’s Property, Casualty, Auto and Workers’ Compensation insurance with Preferred Government Insurance Trust.
2)Request to approve designating Mayor Norman S. Edelcup to be a voting delegate to the Miami-Dade League of Cities and Commissioner Isaac Aelion to be the alternate.
3)Request to approve a change order to the agreement with Tenex Enterprises, Inc., for the installation of trees in the Intracoastal Parks. The change order reflects a decrease in cost due to eliminating a meandering walk from the contractor’s agreement.
4)Request to approve a change order for the installation of an aluminum security barrier on the top floor of the Heritage Park garage.
5)Request to approve an agreement with FDOT to install and test the durability of stone thermo set crosswalk material, a unique treatment replacing painted crosswalks. This will be located at Collins and 178th Street.
6)Request to approve $35,000 in budgeted funds for the purchase of Police Department uniforms and accessories.
7)Request for approval to expend forfeiture funds in the amount of $48,147.00 for tactical police equipment.
8)Request for approval for an agreement with Calvin, Giordano & Assocs. to provide construction project management services for the Bella Vista Bay Park project.
9)Request for approval for an agreement with Calvin, Giordano & Assocs. to provide professional route survey services as the first step in installing a wall between the Lehman Causeway and Oceanview/Ocean Reserve.
10) Request for approval to donate 30 used chairs and 2 used cabinets to the Eden Seventh-Day Adventist Church, a religious social service agency serving the Haitian- American community.
11) Request for approval to approve a parking agreement with the Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort to use a lot located at 287 Sunny Isles Blvd. for a monthly fee of $5,000.00 until December 31, 2012.
12) Request for approval for an agreement with L&L Truck Repairs, Inc. for fleet bus and heavy-duty vehicle maintenance and repair services.
13) Request for approval to purchase the City Manager’s take-home vehicle pursuant to the City Manager’s contract approved by Commission on July 19, 2012.
14) Request for approval of an additional $10,000 towards materials from Home Depot related to the construction of new lifeguard towers.
15) Request for approval to allow 18555 Developers, located at 18555 Collins Avenue, to place a temporary sign for the sales office for the Porsche Design Tower Miami.
16) Request for approval for an agreement with Sungard Public Sector for an annual software maintenance agreement to include technical support and software upgrades for the Police Department’s computer system.
17) Request for approval of establishing a schedule for City Commission Meetings for Calendar Year 2013.
18) Request for approval to pay a third party vendor to digitize the majority of the City’s documents. This will help prevent damage to important documents along with providing easier access to documents by employees. Additionally, staff was able to negotiate a rate lower than Miami-Dade County for comparable copying projects. Finally there are two discussions on the Agenda:
1) Naming a site in honor of Vice Mayor Lewis J. Thaler and,
2) A discussion of the skate park noise assessment study to be presented at the Commission Meeting.