Code Enforcement – Faqs

From the Code Enforcement Department

Q: What are the common complaints that Code Enforcement Inspector Investigate?

A: The most common complaints involve public nuisances such as overgrown grass/weeds on properties, unsightly bulk trash, building code violations, illegal signage, and business tax license and zoning violations.

Q: How can I make a complaint or report a Code violation?

A: You may come into the City Hall in person and speak to either the code enforcement inspector or any member of staff. You may call the code enforcement officer directly at either 305-814-8549 or 954- 921-7781 or the City Hall at 954-989-2688.

Q: How will I find out what happens to my complaints?

A: If you wish to be re-contacted, please leave your name & number so that the code enforcement inspector can call you and discuss the incident.

Q: How long should it take for the code enforcement inspector to investigate my complaint?

A: The code enforcement inspector will try to perform an initial investigation within 48 hours of receiving your complaint. Complaints are prioritized with issues dealing with the health and safety of our community getting first priority. Some investigations may take longer. The code enforcement inspector may monitor a situation for days or weeks to ensure compliance.

If you have any questions, please contact Code Enforcement at 954-921-7781.

Connect To Your Customers & Grow Your Business

Click Here

Print Friendly

Be the first to comment on "Code Enforcement – Faqs"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.