Fall has arrived and October is the time for all little ghouls and goblins to come knocking on our doors. The Broward Sheriff’s Office wishes to remind parents of the following safety tips to make your trick or treaters experience safe and enjoyable:
• Young children should always trick or treat with an adult.
• Stay alert for vehicles; look left, right and left again before crossing intersections.
• Wear brightly colored costumes and avoid wearing masks which can obstruct your vision.
• Always carry a glow stick or flashlight while trick or treating.
• Inspect all candy before eating and only keep commercially manufactured and packaged candy.
For additional Halloween safety tips see the Broward Sheriff’s Office “Operation Safe Halloween” flyer included with this article. Together, we can all ensure our children have a fun and safe Halloween experience!