After an unprecedented year, many sleepless nights and head-to-toe PPE, six physicians from Aventura Hospital & Medical Center took a well-deserved moment to celebrate the life-saving work of frontline heroes amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
In honor of National Doctors’ Day on March 30, Aventura Mall teamed up with six of Aventura Hospital’s physicians for a performance of the TikTok dance trend known as the “Don’t Rush Challenge.”
Drs. Tish Stephens, Daniel Padron, Laura Pumarejo, Fayez Ajib, Bruno Moraes and Eva Ryder put on their dancing shoes (or, better yet, dancing scrubs) and followed along as choreographer Sean Green of Sean’s Dance Factory taught them the popular social media routine. After a few rounds of practice, the doctors were prepared to perform together – on camera – to bring some hope and joy to TikTok and healthcare workers everywhere.
While they were dancers for an hour on March 30, the physicians immediately returned to the hospital upon completing the “Don’t Rush Challenge” to continue caring for patients here in Aventura.
Their roles are as follows:
• Dr. Tish Stephens, Chief Medical Officer
• Dr. Daniel Padron, Medical Director, Emergency Services
• Dr. Laura Pumarejo, Chief Resident, Emergency Medicine
• Dr. Fayez Ajib, Emergency Medicine Resident
• Bruno Moraes, Emergency Medicine Resident
• Eva Ryder, Emergency Medicine Resident