South Florida PBS (WPBT & WXEL) is excited to begin 2021 by introducing the new South Florida PBS logo, a new way to Stream, new Masterpiece programs, new virtual events and much more!
The new logo reflects the South Florida community, modern, forward thinking and invokes a sense of optimism. Additionally, we are thrilled to announce that everyone with access to internet in our South Florida community can stream our educational and inspiring content 24/7.
WPBT Live streaming can be viewed here: www.wpbt2.org/live-tv/
WXEL Live streaming can be viewed here: www.wxel.org/live-tv/
Start the New Year with the best in self-help! On January 1st , beginning at 8 AM, on WPBT and WXEL, you can watch The Food Fix with Mark Hyman, MD, Suze Orman’s Ultimate Retirement Guide, Relieving Stress with Yoga with Peggy Cappy and many more! For more information on our programming. For more information on everything coming up in January check out our January 2021 program guide.
January 10, 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Masterpiece, the iconic PBS drama series that sparked America’s infatuation with British television. South Florida PBS celebrates by bringing you numerous Masterpiece premieres throughout the month of January, starting with All Creatures Great and Small based on James Herriot’s best-selling books. This will be followed by three more premieres: The Unseen Alistair Cooke as well as Elizabeth is Missing and Miss Scarlet and the Duke on MASTERPIECE MYSTERY!
Throughout the month of January, we continue to host virtual events on Facebook, YouTube LIVE and OVEE, for your education and entertainment. Below is a list of the upcoming events:
- January 7th – Between the Covers Virtual Interview with Chris Bohjalian author of The Red Lotus & Hour of the Witch.
- January 12th – Check Please! South Florida with Host Michelle Bernstein
- January 13th – Changing Seas LIVE – the premiere of the Ocean Media Institute Film “Expedition Nautilus: Fiji” followed by an expert panel discussion
- January 14th – The Gene: An Intimate History followed by a discussion with FIU’s Casa Cuba on Cuban Jewish Decent
- January 18th– Your South Florida – Join host Felecia Hatcher as she leads a virtual townhall on Black Business Innovation
- January 21st – Between the Covers virtual interview with David Heska Wankli Weiden author of Winter Counts
- January 26th– Check Please! South Florida with Host Michelle Bernstein
- January 28th– Finding Your Roots sneak preview of Season 7 followed by a discussion on preserving family traditions and uncovering hidden family secrets.
For more information and to RSVP go to www.Southfloridapbs.org/events