Each year since its 1989 inception, the In The Company of Women Awards has celebrated women’s history month by selecting and honoring a cadre of women whose achievements and contributions have improved the quality of life for Miami-Dade County’s people. With this in mind, take time to nominate a deserving woman who has made a difference in the lives of those they serve.
Nominations for the 2020 In the Company of Women Awards will be accepted through Sept. 2.
The awards ceremony, scheduled for Mar. 19, 2020, celebrates both Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day. In 2020, Miami-Dade County will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, guaranteeing and protecting women’s constitutional right to vote.
Presented by the Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department, in partnership with the Miami-Dade County Commission for Women and the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade, the In the Company of Women awards honor women who have shown professional development, community responsibility, contribution to women’s progress, leadership and vision, and promotion of pluralism in the following categories:
• Outstanding Woman in Arts and Entertainment;
• Outstanding Woman in Business and Economics;
• Outstanding Woman in Communications and Literature;
• Outstanding Woman in Education and Research;
• Outstanding Woman in Government and Law (Elected);
• Outstanding Woman in Government and Law (Non-Elected);
• Outstanding Woman in Health and Human Services;
• Outstanding Woman in Science and Technology;
• Outstanding Woman in Sports and Athletics;
• Young Professional (must be age 40 and under). And
• Community Spirit Award.
Nominations with supporting entry materials may be submitted digitally online, or in hard copy format mailed to: Laura Morilla, Executive Director, Miami-Dade County Commission for Women, 111 NW First St., Suite 1034, Miami, FL, 33128, and must be postmarked no later than Sept. 2, 2019. Email entries will not be accepted. Nominations that fail to meet the stated deadline or criteria, will be automatically disqualified. Winners must be present at the award ceremony on Mar. 19, 2020. Previous award winners are not eligible.
For more information and for a list of past award recipients, visit the In the Company of Women Awards Web page or contact Laura Morilla at 305-375-4967 or firstname.lastname@example.org.