City of South Miami FY-21/22 Marshall Williamson Scholarship Program
The City of South Miami offers residents of South Miami this scholarship to assist aspiring youth. The Marshall Williamson scholarship program was established to honor former City of South Miami activists from the Marshall Williamson area. This year’s scholarship awards will be announced on August 17, 2021.
POTENTIAL APPLICANTS: Residents of the City of South Miami who are high school seniors, college students, people wanting to attend vocational/trade schools, and previous Bowman Scholarship recipients. Current students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
JAMES BOWMAN SCHOLARSHIP DATES: Applications Available: Monday, April 5, 2021. Application Submittal Deadline: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
APPLICATION AVAILABILITY: Beginning Monday, March 22, applications
may be downloaded from
∙https://www.southmiamifl.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=277, or picked up at
∙ City of South Miami Community Center 5800 SW 66th St. South Miami, FL 33143
RETURN APPLICATIONS: The City Clerk’s office, M – F, 9 am – 5 pm 6130 Sunset Drive, South Miami, FL 33143-5093
COMPLETED APPLICATION All required documents must be submitted by the
REQUIREMENTS: deadline in order for the application to be considered.
For more information, please contact the City of South Miami Offices at
(305) 668-3876 or (305) 668-7237
Marshall Williamson Scholarship
Please type or print legibly.
Phone number:__________________. Email address: ________________________
My grade point average in the most recent school year is: _________
My grade point average for all my high school education is: _________
I have done Community Service at ____________________________ for
________hours a month from _________/_______ to ______/_______..
(month) (year) month) (year)
Name of post-secondary vocational or academic educational institution:
Address of the Financial Aid or Student Accounts office at the above institution:
This will be my _______ year in attendance this above institution.
Included with this sheet the following 8 documents:
- ___ A copy of my transcript (or grade report) of my last two terms.
- ___ A copy of the first page of my 2020 Federal Tax Return, or a notarized statement about my income.
Because I am still supported by my parents,
2.b.____ A copy of the first page of my parent’s 2020 Federal Tax Return, or a notarized statement about their income.
- ____ Proof that I am an admitted or attending student at the institution listed above.
- ____ A letter of recommendation from an employer, a schoolteacher, a school official, a professor, or a supervisor of volunteer activity.
- ____ A note explaining the reason for choosing this person to recommend me.
- ____ An essay of no more than 500 words on the topic of: “What I learned from fulfilling one of my responsibilities.”
- _____ A copy of my photo ID, and
- _____ My resumé.