Senator Villas is a sure sign Souto is keeping promises on community projects

Commissioner Souto is joined at the groundbreaking by county administrators, contractors, and project architects.

West Dade is getting well deserved improvements along the Bird Road corridor, thanks to Miami-Dade County Commissioner Javier Souto of District 10.

Souto stays motivated as he meets campaign promises on such community projects and is now gratified.  His challenges met along this road has garnered support for campaign promises on community projects and is now pleased several of his ambitious goals are now coming to fruition – with the construction Senator Villas leading the way.

At the July 19 groundbreaking ceremony, the project’s Lead Architect Armando Rizo of Mateau Architecture outlined details of the development. To begin, Armando said the design of the 23-unit residential apartment facility will provide what he termed “the highest standards of comfort and convenience in every aspect of its development.” Senator Villas Apartments is a 12-unit building with about 26 spaces for bus users on Bird Road between SW 89th Court and 89th Avenue. The project also includes a senior community center.

The complex is the crowned development for the community, aptly named Senator Villas – an homage to Souto’s long and successful political career, having served as a Florida State Senator in 1988 and again in 1990. Presently he has served in the District 10 seat as a Miami-Dade County Commission since 1993.

Furthermore significant developments of equal priority to Bird Road community residents being implemented are extension of sidewalks of Bird Road, minimizing impact of UV rays, and art features in public spaces.

Senator Villas is a 12-unit building with 26 spaces for bus users on Bird Road between SW 89th Court and 89th Ave.

An extension of the sidewalks of Bird Road into a generous 20 feet in width provides safety to pedestrians able to benefit from a well planned canopy of trees placed along the sidewalk for shade from the forceful Miami sun.

Additionally, a new transit-bus shelter will be installed to subside the impact of UV rays on Miami-Dade’s citizens. The shelter will have a spacious garden and a covered terrace that will reduce discomfort and the potential risk of skin cancer especially for the people often waiting in the blistering sun for the bus.

Recently, the lack of cultural art has been a common complaint. An initiative to feed the art scene along Bird Road now plans to put art in public spaces along the busy thoroughfare. It is currently not known whether there will be a board to take admissions of young artists. However, Community Newspapers will tell you when the decision is made.

Everything considered, the development portfolio for this year will renovate the aesthetic of Bird Road and ripen cultural pulp. Bird Road’s roots run deep in Cuban migration of the late 20th century bringing appreciated Latin flare to Miami. Currently, the Cuban-Americans of Miami are the city’s primary cultural benefactor, opening many of the shops found among Bird Road.

Commissioner Souto will run for his last term towards the end of this year, near the same time that his development projects will reach fruition. His term was dominated by the complications of garnering support for his development projects, but now will end in hard-earned triumph. With an extra term, Commissioner Souto seeks to bring productive projects to Miami-Dade County while heralding his completed developments.

Connect To Your Customers & Grow Your Business

Click Here

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About the Author

Bill Kress
Bill Kress, President of Kress Communications, is an editorial consultant with the Community Newspapers, covering business news, non-profits, and municipal government. He is an award-winning public relations practitioner, news reporter, photographer, and a prolific social mediologist. Reach Bill at bill@kresscom.com or call 305-763-2429.

66 Comments on "Senator Villas is a sure sign Souto is keeping promises on community projects"

1. Brigida Rodriguez | October 19, 2017 at 2:17 pm | Reply

I wold like to apply to live in one of this apartments. please tell me the way to apply and the requisites. And when can I apply .

2. i would apply for this villas when open this application

3. In reality, the true facts on this project, is that it was originally approved with a 1st groundbreaking ceremony around 2005. Attached to the approving resolution was a study that projected a need then, of about 2,000 housing units in District 10 from Kendall to Westchester. But nothing has been done. The Herald’s front page article today, on Miami and the County being the worst city for renters in the USA, justifies this. In 2005, I was a part of the event and the groundbreaking ceremony Number 1. Also, $2.8 million were allocated then. Where did those funds go? Why did the project never get off the ground? Why does it now? And how? The fact is there were some type of internal problems in 2005, that were never totally documented and directly contributed to the cancellation of same. All of sudden, it has come out of nowhere…No matter, 23 units in 15 years remains a complete failure. Lucky those seniors that will be able to move in these 23, but not so lucky the many who have not and won’t be able to move in, due to the County’s failed promises for the past decade, on this most important issue. These are the plain facts.

4. I would love to know how can I apply for a rent on this apartments. What I can do?

5. Olivia Hernandez | February 26, 2018 at 11:16 am | Reply

When will application process be opened?

6. Hortensia Artidiello | March 20, 2018 at 10:18 am | Reply

I would like to apply for those apartments, please let me know. hartidiello@att.net
    Thanks

7. Eneida Sanchez | March 27, 2018 at 2:10 pm | Reply

I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN THE APPLICATION OPEN….

8. Gabriela perez | March 29, 2018 at 3:23 pm | Reply

I World Line yo know how yo apply

9. Lidia Suarez | April 24, 2018 at 2:14 pm | Reply

When will aplication process be opened for Senator Villas

10. I would like to apply. Please let me know when application process is opened. Thank you!

11. KEISHA SANTANA | May 5, 2018 at 5:40 pm | Reply

I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY ON BEHALF OF MY MOM KEISHA SANTANA WHO GETS SSI $750 PER MONTH. SHE IS 79 YEARS OLD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN APPLY FOR HER TO GET AN APPT.

12. Maria Suarez | May 7, 2018 at 10:11 am | Reply

Interested in renting 1 Bed apt.

13. Elsa de leon | May 8, 2018 at 11:19 pm | Reply

I would like to know when applications will be available. I would like to apply for my family member. Thank you.

14. Wondering if any updates as to when application process will begin. I’m interested in a studio or 1 bedroom apartment.
    Thank you.

15. Mayra Badell | May 24, 2018 at 12:06 pm | Reply

Mi nombre es Mayra Badell. Estoy interesada en un studio o apartamento de una habitación. Favor de enviarme información al correo electrónico.
    Gracias.

16. Jesus Hernandez | June 6, 2018 at 7:40 pm | Reply

I would like to apply to rent in one of these apartments. How and when will these applications be open?
    Thank you.

17. Amelia Villasana Asin | June 24, 2018 at 10:02 am | Reply

Estoy muy interesada en saber cuando abren las aplicaciones para la lista de espera. Necesito algo para mi sola. Muchas gracias.

18. Carmen Rodriguez | July 6, 2018 at 12:25 am | Reply

Estoy interesada en un apartamento de 1 dormitorio para mi sola, dos de mis hijos viven cerca y me gustaría mudarme para estar cerca de ellos. Quiero saber cuando abren la lista de espera gracias.

19. Will your community news information post where/when/how applications are being taken? Thank you

20. I would like to apply. Please advise how. “Senator Villas is a sure sign Souto is keeping promises on community projects”

21. Mario De Leon | July 21, 2018 at 11:23 pm | Reply

I am very interested and would like to apply for an apartment. Thank you

22. Mario De Leon | July 21, 2018 at 11:24 pm | Reply

I would like to apply. Please advise when and where I can apply. Thank you

23. Norma Romero | July 23, 2018 at 9:58 pm | Reply

Please, I would like to receive information on the application process. Thank you

24. Doris Meneses | July 25, 2018 at 11:46 am | Reply

I would like to apply. Please advise when and where I coul do so. Thank you

25. Doris Meneses | July 25, 2018 at 11:48 am | Reply

I would like to apply. Please advise when and where I can do it…Thanks

26. Maria castillo | July 27, 2018 at 9:01 pm | Reply

Would like to know about the application process

27. HOW/WHEN CAN IS APPLY FOR A ONE BEDROOM APPT.?

28. I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW AND WHEN, THANK YOU

29. Karolyn Torres | August 4, 2018 at 2:47 pm | Reply

How can I apply?

30. Elizabeth Perez | August 22, 2018 at 12:51 pm | Reply

How can I apply or get more information on the Process.
    Klenbm187@hotmail.com

31. Martha Duarte | August 27, 2018 at 8:35 pm | Reply

Please provide instruction in order to complete the application process. Thank you

32. I would like to be notified when the application process opens. Thank you

33. Hello,
    I’m
    My mom is 79 and has section 8 and would love to live in a 1 bedroom unit. Please advise how she can accomplish being a tenant there

34. Please, I need to move ASAP.
    When do I need to apply?
    Please, provide when those apartments will be available and more…
    Thanks a lot!!
    Luisa neyra.

35. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW I CAN APPLY. THANK YOU

36. Hello
    How and when will I be able to apply for a one bedroom apartment?
    Thank you much!

37. I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY ON BEHALF OF MY MOM WHO GETS SSI $850 PER MONTH. SHE IS 79 YEARS OLD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN APPLY FOR HER TO GET AN APPT.

38. Estoy interezada en un estudio o apt de 1 cuarto, por favor dejenme saber donde aplicar. Gracias.

39. Belkis Gonzalez | March 4, 2019 at 8:42 pm | Reply

I will like to apply for a one bedroom apartment or a studio apartment. Where do I need to apply? Please let me know so me and my husband 77 years old can apply at Senator Villas. Thanks

40. Mercedes Bueno | March 6, 2019 at 3:15 pm | Reply

I would like to know how I can apply for an apartment.

41. Arturo Dulzaides | March 9, 2019 at 3:45 pm | Reply

How many bedroom apts studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms ?

42. How can I Apply For an appartment here?

43. Onelia, estoy interesada para rentar un apto en senator villas. Donde ir p hacer la solicitud. Gracias

44. Tengo mucha necesidad d renta en este edificio senator villas. Quisiera saber donde ir p hacer los tramites. Gracias

45. I am interested in a studio or a one bedroom apartment. Any news yet as to when or where to apply?
    Thank you much.

46. betty fernandez | April 10, 2019 at 2:08 am | Reply

Paso por los aprtamentos y estan preciosos cuando van a repartir las aplicaciones?

47. Migdalia Alvarez | April 12, 2019 at 6:29 pm | Reply

Will Like to applied for an Studio or one bedroom apartment. Please let me know when and where to apply. Thank you for your kind of consideration about this matter. Cell 786-370-5927

48. Necesito teléfono
    Or internet page

49. I will like to apply for a one bedroom apt. Could you let me know how and when to apply.

50. Buenos dias estoy interesada en aplicar para rentar en ese edificio, quisoera saber si la aplicacion es por internet y si es asi me pueden por favo enviar el link
    gracias

51. Gerardo Montero | April 13, 2019 at 12:52 pm | Reply

Por favor cuando publican el formulario para aplicar, gracias

52. Omeydis salas | April 13, 2019 at 2:29 pm | Reply

I will like to apply please tell me how and where?

53. Rayza Liporaci | April 13, 2019 at 10:57 pm | Reply

Deseo aplicar para rentar un apartamento. Cuál es la forma? Por favor una respuesta a mi correo. Gracias!

54. I would like to applt for one of these apartments.

55. I would like to apply please let me know how.

56. I want an apartment when available,please let me know when

57. Olga Cachaldora | April 15, 2019 at 1:07 pm | Reply

I am very interested please let me know were i can apply for 1 bed apartment. Thanks

58. Estoy interesada por aplicación para un apartamento
    En senator villas por favor téngame en cuenta
    Gracias.

59. Please let me know went I can appl.I’m72 all alone I need 1 bed.anf is perfect for me I don’t drive and I have leon near Please help me

60. Nelson alvarez | April 23, 2019 at 1:34 pm | Reply

I am very interested to apply let me know when I can apply

61. Marisol Bango | April 28, 2019 at 11:07 am | Reply

I see the problem that the county has in the housing department, there’s to many people in need and not enough properties, but even though my interest in one of your studio or one bedroom apartment is important to me also I know my chances are extremely or almost impossible, I ask you for the information on how to apply.
    Like they say no play no gain. Thank you.

62. HERNANDO VALENCIA | May 8, 2019 at 6:25 pm | Reply

Soy Hernando
    valencia, estoy interesado en los apartamentos del la 8915 SW.40 Th ST. Somos dos personas, mi esposa y yo, donde puedo aplicar o como hago para comunicarme con ustedes, necesito un apartamento de 2 cuartos. Agradeceria mucho la contestacion.

63. GLORIA NINO DE VALENCIA | May 8, 2019 at 6:28 pm | Reply

Gloria Valencia, estoy interesada en un aparatamento de dos habitaciones, puede ser en cualquier piso, somos mi esposo y yo. Gracias por responderme, o donde podemos aplicar. Gracias.

64. GONZALO GONZALEZ | May 16, 2019 at 7:58 am | Reply

GRCIAS JAVIER POR TU LABOR POR LA COMUNIDAD.NECESITAMOS UN APTO. SI ES POSIBLE DE 2 CUARTOS YA QUE MI SENORA NECESITA EQUIPO DE AYUDA PARA LARESPIRACION PARA DORMIR. GRACIAS.