From its archaeological treasures to its eco-marvels, the Deering Estate is one of Miami’s most fascinating historic sites. And now, it’s even easier to bring the beauty of Deering Estate’s ecosystem and its knowledgeable instructors straight to your virtual classrooms.
Inspire the next generation of environmental stewards with captivating live and interactive virtual field trips. Choose from a selection of 15 programs, including field study activities and guided tours/hikes, that are specifically curated for all grade levels (K-12) and can be easily combined to meet your lesson needs. With a variety of uniquely insightful content on history and nature to choose from, there is endless virtual fun for students of all age groups.
Program highlights include:
• Conducted via Zoom Conferencing (unless otherwise requested).
• Programs can be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. and typically run for a 1.5-hour block.
• Field study materials will be provided to the group in advance.
• Digital files for field study activities and guided tours/hikes will be provided to the group.
• Each Zoom presentation requires one complimentary teacher chaperone.
• Number of students: 15 (minimum) , 30 (maximum). Class sizes cannot exceed 30 students per Zoom session with up to three sessions of 30 participants at one time. If your group is larger than 90 students, staff can book two or more back-to-back time blocks.
• Cost is $5 per student.
For more information and to register, visit the Deering Estate website at deeringestate.org.