Celebrate St. Patrick’s Original Party at JohnMartin’s Irish Pub & Restaurant’s 30th annual Celtic celebration. The festivities will begin on Friday, Mar. 13, and continue over the weekend leading up to the main event on Tuesday, Mar. 17.
The iconic Coral Gables pub will host a variety of Irish-themed activities throughout the weekend and St. Patrick’s Day such as a bagpiper, prix fixe dinner, live music, and kid-friendly activities on Sunday.
JohnMartin’s five-day party schedule is as follows:
• The Official Kick-Off will be marked with an appearance by St. Patrick himself marched in by a bagpiper and drummer on Friday, Mar. 13, at 6 p.m. This will be followed by Karaoke at 10 p.m.
• The following day, Saturday, Mar. 14, will feature live Irish music from 6 to 9 p.m. by Paddy Kelleghan accompanied by a delectable prix-fixe dinner. The festivities continue with a late-night happy hour and a second live band, the Bridge, at 10 p.m.
• Sunday, Mar. 15, will have a day of fun that starts with a mouthwatering Irish-style a la carte breakfast sponsored by Jameson Irish Whiskey. Entertainment for children will include pony rides and face painting from noon until 3 p.m. Starting at 8 p.m., the pub will host its renowned open mic night for those who want to show off their incredible talents.
• Monday, Mar. 16, will feature the pubs terrific happy hour, from 4 to 7 p.m., to cure the Monday blues.
• The big day — St. Patrick’s Day — Tuesday, Mar. 17, will host the Only Official St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at JohnMartin’s Irish Pub. This day will consist of a fully immersive Irish cultural experience with a bagpiper and JohnMartin’s own Dainfamous DJQ providing music all day starting at noon.
“We are excited to present our 30th St. Patrick’s Day celebration produced by true Irishmen,” said Martin Lynch, co-owner of JohnMartin’s, who presents the event with partner, John Clarke, who were both born in Ireland. “This annual tradition is our favorite part of the year and we are happy to host a day when everyone is a little bit Irish.”
The local pub will feature delicious Irish beverages alongside its authentic Irish fare. The special St. Patrick’s Day menu will include bangers and mash, shepherd’s pie, fish and chips, and corned beef sandwiches.
JohnMartin’s has been continually recognized for its cuisine by publications that voted the restaurant “Best Pub Food” for several years. The restaurant features karaoke on Friday nights at 10 p.m., live entertainment every Saturday night. They feature Trivia Night, Thursdays from 8 to 10 p.m. and Open Mic Night on Sunday nights at 8 p.m. Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 4 to 7 p.m.
JohnMartin’s is located at 253 Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. For more information, call 305-445-3777, or visit www.johnmartins.com.