Akerman LLP, a top 100 U.S. law firm serving clients across the Americas, today announced that the firm has once again been recognized by Benchmark Litigation among the best law firms in the United States and among a select group of standout law firms with multi-state litigation capabilities. This recognition is accompanied by “highly recommended” and “recommended” rankings in Florida and Virginia, respectively. Individually, ten Akerman litigators were recognized as “local litigation stars” in appellate, general commercial, real estate, securities, and white-collar crime, and three were recognized as “future stars.”
Additionally, Jacksonville Office Managing Partner Christian George was highlighted for his recognition among the Top Litigators Under 40 list, as well as Partner Katherine Giddings for recently being named among the Top 250 U.S. Women in Litigation for the sixth consecutive year.
Focused exclusively on the U.S. litigation markets, the rankings and editorials of Benchmark Litigation are the results of annual independent research that involves extensive interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel. The guide’s “local litigation stars” reflect lawyers who are recommended by peers and clients to have established consistent reputations as trial lawyers.
The Akerman lawyers and the categories in which they are recognized are listed below:
- Michael Chavies, Local Litigation Star for Appellate, General Commercial, and White Collar Crime
- Dana Clayton, Local Litigation Star for Real Estate
- Kristen Fiore, Future Star
- Brian Fraser, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial
- Christian George, Future Star
- Katherine Giddings, Local Litigation Star for Appellate and General Commercial
- William Heller, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial and Securities
- Stephen Hurlbut, Local Litigation Star for Construction and General Commercial
- Michael Marsh, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial and Securities
- Michael Mena, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial, Real Estate, and Securities
- Brian Miller, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial and Securities
- James Miller, Local Litigation for General Commercial
- Lawrence Rochefort, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial
- Ryan Roman, Future Star
More information can be found at akerman.com or twitter.com/akerman_law.