Historic Art Deco Hotel Organizes ‘Chefs 4 Neighbors’ Culinary Tasting Event
to Help Victims and Communities Affected by Devastating Back-to-Back Hurricanes;
Will Host Relief Drive Kickoff Party at Blues Bar on October 11 at 8pm
The National Hotel, the cinematic Art Deco treasure in the heart of South Beach, is partnering with Neighbors 4 Neighbors, a nationally recognized nonprofit and partner of local broadcast station CBS 4, to host Chefs 4 Neighbors, a culinary benefit event to raise funds for recovery and rebuilding efforts of our Florida community and beyond after Hurricanes Irma and Maria impacted the Florida Keys and Puerto Rico.
“The natural disasters that have hit our Florida community in the past couple of weeks came too close to home for our Executive Chef Matthew McDonald, who previously resided in Key West and oversaw culinary efforts for many Keys’ staples such as Westin Resort & Marina, Pier House Resort ‘One Duval’ and the Croce Group,” said Yaser Mohamad, General Manager, National Hotel.
WHAT: CHEFS 4 NEIGHBORS is a culinary benefit, hosted by several top chefs in the South Florida community, coming together to donate their time, talent and passion raise relief funds for the communities who suffered loss and devastation following two unprecedented hurricanes.
WHO: Confirmed participating Chefs include:
- Chef Matthew McDonald, National Hotel, Miami Beach
- Chef Michael Shultz, Sea Level at Harbor Beach Marriott, Fort Lauderdale
- Chef Martin Liz, personal chef and Lost Kitchen Supper Club, Key West
- Bobby and Michelle Mongelli, HogFish Bar and Grill, Stock Island
- Chef Chris Lee, Culinary Director for Barcelona Wine Bars
- Adrienne Grenier from 3030 Ocean
- Paul Menta – Key West Legal Rum Distillery
- Chef Cindy Hutson, Ortanique & Zest
Live music for the evening will be provided by Larry Smith
WHEN: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
8 – 10 p.m.
WHERE: The National Hotel
1677 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
HOW: Those interested in donating to the hurricane relief efforts can purchase tickets here.
- $75 minimum donation advanced purchase
- $100 minimum donation at the door
- $150 advanced purchase Elite Neighbor ticket, which includes private seating area, open bar and a post event meet-and-greet with photo opportunities with each of the participating chefs, cigar station and exclusive Key West Rum tasting.
- $200 Elite Neighbor tickets at the door
Neighbors 4 Neighbors is a nationally recognized nonprofit, created in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Their simple mission is to connect those in need with those who can help. Using a combination of resource development, collaboration with service providers and the power of media, they empower our neighbors to use the talents, time and money they have to help others. In 2016, Neighbors 4 Neighbors developed and delivered $900,000 in resources and donated goods to our neighbors in need and nonprofit partners.